Flyingboats and amphibians.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Well, as you all know, I've got a few Catalinas (well, 6 of them, three -5's and three -5A's), I've got a few ideas for some of them, one Black Cat, for 'Flip' Anderson, a Coast Command one, in the Atlantic camoflage, one 'Dumbo' and that's about it....
Sooo, any suggestions, for the other three?

DSCF0002-186.jpg

Got my 'Duck' sorted, USS Yorktown CV-5, their #4 utility bird, J2F-1 Utility Plane (Bureau # 0169), which I can imagine will have the chrome yellow wings etc., right?

DSCF0003-174.jpg

b54867e.jpg

Which leaves me with the Grumman JRF-5 Goose, how were they operated, were they based on the big navy bases only, or could you find them here and there, like on Guadalcanal etc., etc.?

Open for ideas...

DSCF0005-136.jpg

Nice stash, Jan. Wish I could find some floatplanes or anphibs in balsa/tissue. The PBY is the only one that I am aware of, made by Guillows. IIRC, "Boats" did one of these. I'd love to find an Arado, a Pete, or any of the other Japanese floatplanes. Wouldn't a 1:24 balsa "Emily" be cool ??

Charles

Charles,

A quick search yielded this: Dumas HK-1 Hughes Spruce Goose Kit

Think I saw it go for $30.00 or $35.00 on eBay

Regards, Jim

Mr. C, found the Guillows 1/28 Catalina here on ebay in the UK, shame about the prices, from £74-£106! :(
Also saw their B-25, P-38 and B-17!

Last edited:
Japanese Catalina would be cool :D hehe me and the Captured by Japan birds :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back