Fokker F.XV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tmyoung

Recruit
Aug 4, 2009
I have a photograph of an unidentified plane, which looks like it might be a cargo/passenger plane from Fokker.

Fokker F.XV (?) - My Father's Captivity

The plane appears to most closely resemble the plans of the F.XV, which according to sources like the following, was never built

http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/Civil/index5-2 F15.html

1. Is this a Fokker F.XV?
2. Was there a Fokker F.XV prototype built?
3. If it was, is this a photograph of it?

There is little provenance for the photo, it was either taken in the US or the Philippines between 1930 and 1941. If it is from the Philippines, it could be from any of the air bases in the Philippines, since the photographer took a trip with several Lieutenants from Clark Field to Zamboanga.

Also feel free to look around the rest of our collection and provide any feedback. (I posted 282 new photos last night.)

Documents - My Father's Captivity
Photos - My Father's Captivity

Thank you very much for the help, everything looks correct. My only question is that since the center engine does not have a cowling, would this simply have been removed, or does that indicate it is another model of airplane?

But it could be as you say a slightly different model, or simply removed in service. I'm certainly no expert. By the way I love the website. Having just read "Doomed at the Start" about the pursuit groups in the Philippines at the begining of the war I will surely be checking it out in much more detail when I get a chance. I assume it was your Dad who was a POW?

Thank you for your help and feedback; they are much appreciated.

Actually my grandfather was a POW, and he and my father collected the source material for the book on the site. My father then wrote the book, and I compiled the web site.

I have changed the documentation on my site to indicate that it is a Stinson Tri-motor.

If anyone has any further information, I will update the page with it.

Again, many thanks.

Last edited:
Here's something. Cheers

Attachments

• -MAN Best Wylam Book vol 4-42.jpg
    -MAN Best Wylam Book vol 4-42.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 157
Fantastic posted drawing. Show the fore and aft doors on the starbord side as well as the foward swept windshield option. Again, great post. You can rest assured that that's the bird.

Excellent! Thank you. I have just posted that it is a "Model U", and I am indebted to you both.

Anyone is still welcome to look at the site and provide feedback (or check the accuracy of some of our identifications).

Accidentally I found a yet one photo of Stinson U. It's from The Ford Air Tours 1925 - 1931 by Lesley Forden.

Attachments

• stinsonU.jpg
    stinsonU.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 152

Users who are viewing this thread

Back