Fokker G I (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WAKEN

Airman 1st Class
Jan 1, 2006
The first production Fokker G IA flew on 10/7/39 and by 10/5/40 23 were in Dutch service. Does anybody know the production/delivery dates of these aircraft?

By 9/10/39 6 Fokker G IBs for Estonia had been completed and 12 had been delivered to Denmark prior to the German invasion in April 1940. A further 6 G IBs from a Spanish order were completed by 10/5/40. Does anybody know the production/delivery dates of these aircraft?

Don't know if it's what you wantbut according to my ref: War Planes of the Second World War Vol. Three by Wllm Green:

I did continue before - don't know why it didn't register. Will try again!
As per Wllm Green:
"The Spanish Republican government was the first foreign purchaser of the Fokker G.1, the Twin Wasp Junior-powered export model (was like the prototype a two seater) being known as the G.1b.
The Dutch government placed an embargo on the export of G.1 to Spain, and subsequently the Estonian government endeavoured to purchase these aircraft (possibly acting as the agent of the Spanish government), but in the event they were still in the Netherlands at the time of the German invasion, having been confiscated by the Netherlands authorities.
The surviving G.1b aircraft and those still on the assembly line at the time of the occupation were taken over by the Luftwaffe and used as fighter trainers in Bavaria. These included the machines being built for the Danish governmentwhich had been ordered in 1939.

I started make the kit modell of Fokker G.1 (1/72), I like this plane, you have cutaway drawings of this plane?, this material for make more details over the kit.

Thanks.

Bullo Loris

They planes were ordered by the spanisch republic, but at the time the planes were ready, Franco had already won the Spannish civil war. Estland wanted to take over the order, but there was no time. Germany invader the low countries and the dutch were in dire need for good fighters. In May 1940, they had only about 23 G.I's and 36 Fokker D.XXI, which were even not very modern at that time(fixed gear). So they tried to press the export G.I's into sevice during the 5 days war in the Netherlands. Only 4 of them have been able to fight the germans. The rest went into german service as Merlin said.

Hi, I found a pictur on my HD, I finished the kit today, very nice plane:

330, Fokker G.1A (replica), preserved/Militaire Luchtvaart Museum, KLu marks, Soesterberg, 1/9/1996

Bullo Loris

Or this is as seccond best? a photograph of the cockpit section

Attachments

• buizen.jpg
    buizen.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 286
my info tell that 10/07/1939 isn't first flew but it's the first delivery to LVA, the first flew of production planes is 11/04/39. some know when G I became operational?

i found this
"Ze kregen de registratienummers 300 t/m 335 en vervingen met ingang van 9 september 1939 de Fokker D-XXI's bij de 3e JaVA op Soesterberg en werden tevens ingedeeld bij de op 1 september 1939 opgerichte 4e JaVA te Bergen. De 3e JaVA verhuisde op 10 november 1939 naar Waalhaven"
some can translate it thanks

i found this
"Ze kregen de registratienummers 300 t/m 335 en vervingen met ingang van 9 september 1939 de Fokker D-XXI's bij de 3e JaVA op Soesterberg en werden tevens ingedeeld bij de op 1 september 1939 opgerichte 4e JaVA te Bergen. De 3e JaVA verhuisde op 10 november 1939 naar Waalhaven"
some can translate it thanks

Translation:
They got the registration 300 to 335 and replaced the Fokker D.XXI's at the 3rd JaVA (=squadron) at Soesterberg airfield starting at 9 september 1939. They were also trelegated to the 4th JaVA at Bergen airport, which was just been formed. The 3th JaVA moved to the airport of Waalhaven (ed. Rotterdam) on november the 10th 1939.

so the G I go in service the 9th september in 3rd JaVA or the 1st on 4th JaVa?
(i think the september 1st for the 4th is only on paper born of unit not aircraft in it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back