Folded wings galore

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a lot - just a bunch of Seafires, Hellcats and Avengers in a carrier hangar deck.
I see at least two Fireflies as well. Lower right corner with wings folded back, and upper left corner with its 20mm cannons pointing upward.

It's a real buffet of aircraft choices. All we need is a Corsair and we'd have every late war FAA aircraft represented.

Last edited:

I think there may be 3 Corsairs.
The port wing of 1 is a little left of top centre with 2 others to the right of this. (That is moving into the relative distance).
Thoughts?
Iain

I think there may be 3 Corsairs.
The port wing of 1 is a little left of top centre with 2 others to the right of this. (That is moving into the relative distance).
Thoughts?
Iain
When I saw the wings up without the usual Seafire hinged wing tip I thought some in the back might be Corsairs. They look like those in post #8 above.

I wonder if this was the hangar of the maintenance carrier HMS Unicorn? I can't imagine any CAG would have Seafires, Corsairs, Hellcats, Tarpons (Avengers) and Fireflies. Anyone see a Barracuda in the mix?

Users who are viewing this thread