Folded wings galore (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Admiral Beez

Captain
Oct 21, 2019
Toronto, Canada
What is happening in this pic?

kkUuOxUcPddugwF9ARdXGwd7kJRlNb5185NgmTpqb5g.jpg

Not a lot - just a bunch of Seafires, Hellcats and Avengers in a carrier hangar deck.
I see at least two Fireflies as well. Lower right corner with wings folded back, and upper left corner with its 20mm cannons pointing upward.

It's a real buffet of aircraft choices. All we need is a Corsair and we'd have every late war FAA aircraft represented.

Last edited:
I see at least two Fireflies as well. Lower right corner with wings folded back, and upper left corner with its 20mm cannons pointing upward.

It's a real buffet of aircraft choices. All we need is a Corsair and we'd have every late war FAA aircraft represented.

I think there may be 3 Corsairs.
The port wing of 1 is a little left of top centre with 2 others to the right of this. (That is moving into the relative distance).
Thoughts?
Iain

I think there may be 3 Corsairs.
The port wing of 1 is a little left of top centre with 2 others to the right of this. (That is moving into the relative distance).
Thoughts?
Iain
When I saw the wings up without the usual Seafire hinged wing tip I thought some in the back might be Corsairs. They look like those in post #8 above.

I wonder if this was the hangar of the maintenance carrier HMS Unicorn? I can't imagine any CAG would have Seafires, Corsairs, Hellcats, Tarpons (Avengers) and Fireflies. Anyone see a Barracuda in the mix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back