French anti-ship bombs: 75 kg G2 and 150 kg I2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WESTLAND

Airman
Sep 15, 2013
Hello. I'm looking for any information about French anti-ship bombs: 75 kg G2 and 150 kg I2. These bombs appear on this site WWII French bombs.

You are welcome WESTLAND.

There is also a series of publications that can be found online, produced by the UK Ministry of Supply, that began in about 1936 and continued through WWII. They were called Ammunition Bulletins, and there were a fair number of them (45-50?). They covered many different types of expendables, including small arms ammo, artillery projectiles, mines, bombs, rockets, fuzes, etc. There were often sections at the back of the Bulletins that covered foreign munitions including the French stuff. IIRC there were several that were dedicated just to foreign ammunitions. I think that there were French bombs described in there somewhere.

You are welcome WESTLAND.

There is also a series of publications that can be found online, produced by the UK Ministry of Supply, that began in about 1936 and continued through WWII. They were called Ammunition Bulletins, and there were a fair number of them (45-50?). They covered many different types of expendables, including small arms ammo, artillery projectiles, mines, bombs, rockets, fuzes, etc. There were often sections at the back of the Bulletins that covered foreign munitions including the French stuff. IIRC there were several that were dedicated just to foreign ammunitions. I think that there were French bombs described in there somewhere.
Thanks! I find only Bulletins 1-28, 45, 50, 51.
P.S. All of these bulletins describe British, German and Italian bombs. They do not contain any information about French bombs.

Last edited:
Hello. I'm looking for any information about French anti-ship bombs: 75 kg G2 and 150 kg I2. These bombs appear on this site WWII French bombs.
(Les chasseurs-bombardiers en piqué Loire-Nieuport 4xy ou la Charge de la Brigade Légère (Revu le 07 / 08 / 2022 ***))

On a bombing mission, the 75 kg G2 bomb (corresponding to a 155 or 152 mm naval shell "dressed" aerodynamically to be launched by plane) being carried under the belly of the plane. The I2 bomb was a 150 kg bomb which corresponded to a 203 mm naval shell.
The 75kg G2 and 150kg L2 bomb had a large explosive charge (63.7% 102 lb) and (67% 224 lb), so could not have penetration against ships.

So what was the mission against ships? only "external" damage?
Pop open the two "Reveal Hidden Contents" sections in the post with the cockpit. There are illustrations of the G2 and I2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back