Fw 190A-6 wnr.550528 => H. Ademeit or E. Rudorffer ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

I just noticed in my books some strange informations regarding a same aircraft which was in 2 units in the same time...!!!
The aircraft is Fw 190A-6 wnr.550528 and it's given as Erich Rudorffer's mount, gruppenkommandeur II./JG54 during June/July 1944 in some books but is also given as H. Ademeit's mount, gruppenkommandeur I./JG54 during June/July 1944 in others books. It exists a photo of H. Ademeit getting off wnr.555028 but I read that the photo was taken during Falls 1943 when Adameit was StaKa 6./JG54. But, if we look at this photo, we can notice that the sun seems to be high, green grass on the ground, which suggests a photo taken at late Spring or early Summer instead off Fall...

Any opinion to help please ? TIA
Regards
Stéph

Sorry Steph but I came up empty for pictures.

EDIT: I read this from one site that was labelled suspicious so won't link it: "This FW 190 A-6 was flown by Major Erich Rudorffer, the Kommandeur of II./JG 54, before being passed on to II. Gruppe. Apart from the resprayed ares to either side of the fuselage Balkenkreuz, upon which was repainted a double chevron and a II. Gruppe bar, the machine remained the same as when flown by Horst Ademeit. "

Last edited:
Sorry Steph but I came up empty for pictures.

EDIT: I read this from one site that was labelled suspicious so won't link it: "This FW 190 A-6 was flown by Major Erich Rudorffer, the Kommandeur of II./JG 54, before being passed on to II. Gruppe. Apart from the resprayed ares to either side of the fuselage Balkenkreuz, upon which was repainted a double chevron and a II. Gruppe bar, the machine remained the same as when flown by Horst Ademeit. "

Sorry Andy, if it's the truth ( :rolleyes: ), I don't understand who flown this aircraft first...:rolleyes: Horst Ademeit was in II Gruppe from March 1943 to January 1944 and then Gruppenkommandeur I Gruppe.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Hi Stéph,

Werknummer 550 528 was built in July/August 1943, and may have gone to the Western Front initially (most aircraft from this block and built at the same time went to J.G. 1 and J.G. 2). It was flown by Horst Ademeit when he commanded I./J.G. 54, but some time prior to his death on 7 August 1944 (NB - some sources incorrectly say he died on 8 August 1944), it went to the Stab of II./J.G. 54, and was flown by Erich Rudorffer and others. It was photographed in Finland by Rudorffer, so that means it must have gone to II./J.G. 54 prior to 20 July 1944, the date II./J.G. 54 left Finland to return to Estonia. It was lost in Courland on 15 December 1944 while serving with that unit, with Uffz. Lewe at the controls. There are photographs of it in Peter Rodeike's excellent Focke-Wulf 190 book, on page 230 with Ademeit, and on page 232 when it was Rudorffer's aircraft. One of the latter photographs can be seen here: Aces of the Luftwaffe - Erich Rudorffer

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com/earticles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back