FW 190D-9 w/ETC 501 rack

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Linked from Asbiz

ulf-Fw-190D9-7.JG301-Yellow-1-Welzow-Avions-165-P9.jpg

Actually all source books state that the standard rack for the D-9 was the ETC 504. A couple more of them say the ETC503/504. The ETC 501 was mentioned once while talking about the Dora prototypes. Usually the ETC 501 rack is associated with the Anton.

Actually all source books state that the standard rack for the D-9 was the ETC 504. A couple more of them say the ETC503/504. The ETC 501 was mentioned once while talking about the Dora prototypes. Usually the ETC 501 rack is associated with the Anton.
Thanks Wurger - that was reason I asked for examples of operational 501s on the D-9. It is my understanding, however that D-9s were initially delivered with 501s before change to 504?

I have to admit I haven't seen a such pic. All of these with the D-9 in show the ETC 504. But I'll try to dig out deeper.

If I understood you correcly ... both the ETC rack and the fuel tank were the option. So these could be attached or not depending on the mission type. Eg. the JV44 Doras were defended the airspace over the Me 262 airfield so these didn't need the additional fuel tanks and racks for them. Also that's possible there couldn't be anybody who could take care of the fuel tanks and racks storaging them separately at an airfield that could be changed quickly additionally. So the racks could stay attached although not being in use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back