Fw 200 Stalingrad

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

KRIM 1944

Airman
Apr 19, 2019
Hello everyone.In the Volgograd region (Stalingrad 1943)the wreckage of the Fw 200 was found.There is still work to be done at the crash site, maybe it will be possible to establish the number of the board.

Attachments

• SA598WUJFt0 (1).jpg
    SA598WUJFt0 (1).jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 26
  • cBfxE2mke1I.jpg
    cBfxE2mke1I.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 22
  • aHk_VSyZKVo.jpg
    aHk_VSyZKVo.jpg
    935.8 KB · Views: 21
  • H2cwxpJGIO4.jpg
    H2cwxpJGIO4.jpg
    720.4 KB · Views: 21
  • lTSLvGn7psw.jpg
    lTSLvGn7psw.jpg
    894.8 KB · Views: 27
  • fxSpAXN9ga4.jpg
    fxSpAXN9ga4.jpg
    740.2 KB · Views: 17
The data plate was of one of the three gauges ( Fl.20723 elektr. Vorratsanzeiger) of the fuel and lubricant quantity. IMHO it is for 0-390L range.

- 44 Reise-Kraftstoff-Vorratsanzeiger Fl 20723
- 46 Start-Kraftstoff-Vorratsanzeiger 0 — 270L FI.20723
- 48 Schmierstoff-Vorratsanzeiger 0 — 40L Fl.20723

fw200.jpg

Fw200_B-2.jpg

the source: eBay: Focke Wulf Fw200 Condor

The plane was found near the village of Ventsy.Exactly where Soviet fighters shot down Fw 200 No. 0151 on 10.01.1943.Only one such aircraft was lost in that place.There is a detailed report of Soviet fighters and a scheme of air combat.Does anyone have the names of this crew?

910 IAP. JANUARY 10, 1943.
Weather: cloudy 10 points, H= 100-200 mt. Blizzard, snowfall, visibility 600 m. South wind 5-6 m/s, temperature -2* -4*.At 13 : 30 min. The pilot of the 910IAP, Captain IVANOV, returning from intercepting an enemy aircraft of the type Yu-88, saw a four-engine enemy aircraft heading 270 *. The first attack was made from the right front under the angle of ¼ at H = 2500 m. The fire was fired in long bursts at the arrows with the transfer of fire on the left internal motor from a distance of 100 – 70 m . After the first attack, the arrows did not fire.
At 13 : 35 min. Additionally, the pilots of the regiment, Captain KOZLOV and Senior Lieutenant IVLIEV, were raised, who were radioed to the enemy's Focke-Wulf aircraft.
The second attack was made by Captain IVANOV from the front to the left, accomplished from the angle of ¼. He opened fire from a distance of 70-50 m .
Simultaneously with Captain IVANOV, the first attack was made from the right, from above, from the angle of ¼ art. lieutenant IVLIEV.
The enemy plane went into a rare cloud cover, which did not hide it.
The next 4 attacks by IVANOV and IVLEIEV were made from behind, from above, from the left and from the right under the angle of ¼ - 2/4, as well as "pincers" with a change of places.
After the fourth attack, the enemy plane began to fall apart in the air, 4 people jumped out of the plane with parachutes. The plane crashed near the village of VENTSY. 32 corpses were found at the crash site; mostly officers who were being taken out of the encircled group near STALINGRAD.

Attachments

• 4tjDKg_hqj4.jpg
    4tjDKg_hqj4.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 19
Now, what about the 36 corpsus? Not counted because not Luftwaffe?

Didn't know there were SM82s at Stalingrad.

From K KRIM 1944 attachment the names of the crew were
Eugen Reck (Ofw.)
Kurt Menke (Fw.)
Fritz Elsenheimer (Uffz.)
Jakob Bohnen (Obgfr.)
Heinz Engler (Obgfr.)
Richard Schmidt (Uffz.)

Googling the names:
Eugen Reck is mentioned here.
Frist Elsenheier got me this, someone with that name being listed as missing from WWII in the graveyard of the Hessian town of Trebur.

Didn't know there were SM82s at Stalingrad.

From K KRIM 1944 attachment the names of the crew were
Eugen Reck (Ofw.)
Kurt Menke (Fw.)
Fritz Elsenheimer (Uffz.)
Jakob Bohnen (Obgfr.)
Heinz Engler (Obgfr.)
Richard Schmidt (Uffz.)

Googling the names:
Eugen Reck is mentioned here.
Frist Elsenheier got me this, someone with that name being listed as missing from WWII in the graveyard of the Hessian town of Trebur.

Attachments

• sytysys.png
    sytysys.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 6
  • syysssysasy.png
    syysssysasy.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 11
  • syysysyss.png
    syysysyss.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 9
sorry ... 32
I can't say anything, so in the documents of the 910 fighter regiment.I think that all transport planes returning from Stalingrad airfields in January 1943 took out soldiers.I think that in that difficult situation there were no statistics, they took as many people as they could at the airfield.I think that all transport planes took people out of Stalingrad.Three years ago, the crash site of the He-111 plane was found, there were the remains of infantry soldiers in it.Small arms, rifles and submachine guns.

Attachments

• qGn-27EEB9A.jpg
    qGn-27EEB9A.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 14
I think that it is because it was a Heer loss. Only the crew would be luftwaffe loss and thus accouted for.
So
6 dead on loss list Luftwaffe
26 dead on loss list Heer.

Writers do not know this or dont bother.
The soviets counted just the bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back