German aircraft instruction tag

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello! I have a metal tag that is a bring back from Europe. Would someone be able to tell me what it is? It appears to be an instruction tag as it shows a handle or lever being pulled. Thank you!
0406161458.jpg

Agreed, Unlocking Process Lift at the same time while pressing the back knob/button then pull out
Several words I can't make out and my German is not good enough to guess. Try Alder

Yes, it is quite mangled. I am happy enough of the print was still there that you & stona were able to read it though. I have only seen German aircraft in pictures & don't know much about the details of the cockpits of the different planes.

The picture looks like a bomb or drop tank pylon.

It does a bit. If it is then I think the ETC50 had a system somewhat similar, but I can't find a drawing on this computer. I've got one somewhere :)
Cheers
Steve

A big thank you to Crimea River & stona for the information. It's 7 Celsius & raining out today-looks like a good day to browse German cockpit images!

Have a look for images of ETC racks too, though I'm by no means sure that's what the plate comes from. I think the plate may have been attached to the rack. The problem is that those racks, once fitted, often received a fairing which might well hide the plate.
Cheers
Steve

Being able to manipulate the piece without trying to flatten it or otherwise damage it you might be able to work out the wording/instructions on the plate. Even if you can't make out all the letters of each word a German speaker might be able to figure out the meaning.
I understand it to be instructions for lifting a lever or handle whilst pushing a knob following which something can be pulled out and turned, but some words are missing. The big one between 'danach' (then, after) and 'drehen' (turn, twist) would be good to know.
Cheers
Steve

Steve, the first 2 letters appear to be a letter "l" &"n" followed by a letter "p" or "e". I can't tell since it is ripped there. The letters that follow are: leitrictung. I don't know if it helps or not.

I think we have nailed the instruction as much as possible. It all has to do with opening whatever the picture is so the key is to determine what's in the diagram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back