German WWII parts, 1937.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

frenchie

Airman
47
19
May 13, 2009
Hello everyone, I need your help identifying this lightweight metal object made in Germany during WWII. It was found a long time ago at low tide along the Seine River in Duclair, a crossing point used by the retreating German army in August 1944. I've never been able to figure out what this object is. Thank you for your valuable help.
dscf7515.jpg
dscf7516.jpg
dscf7517.jpg
 
If 1937 so it is not the WW2 thing.

I agree with you, Wurger, but given the object's origin and the feldgrau color, it makes me think it's German? There are what look like brake pads; it suggests a swingarm?
 
I agree. The colour may ID the military "service" but it doesn't mean it was the WW2 German artifact. Especially that the colour doesn't look like the feldgrau but the Khaki one. However the factory ID stamp looks quite familiar and seems to be the German one.
 
I agree. The colour may ID the military "service" but it doesn't mean it was the WW2 German artifact. Especially that the colour doesn't look like the feldgrau but the Khaki one. However the factory ID stamp looks quite familiar and seems to be the German one.
The color still seems quite dark green to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back