Greetings from Texas (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

G'day Mike. Welcome from down under. Here's a welcome snap for ya :cool:

Greetings, stalwart ally!! You probably won't believe this, but in 1979, I was part of an exercise called Kangaroo III. We (523TFS) deployed to Clark AB, RP, Kunsan AB ROK, and spent 30 fun-filled days at RAAF Amberly flying (and drinking) alongside (MY GOD! I've forgotten the unit!) and their F-111C's.
I learned a very important lesson: You guys don't screw around! We were hard-pressed to keep up. Our safety parameters at that time pretty much kept our birds (and aircrews) hamstrung. That's where I finally got to see what the F-111 could really do.
BTW, I have the same photo, F-111 fuel dump. Ya gotta be there to really appreciate the sight!

Welcome Mike from another Noob.

BTW I was nearly run over by a 111 in '77 west of Jacksonville FL. I was in a Cessna 150 @ 300 ft doing a Cable Patrol!

Cheers
Kerry

Hi All,

Greetings from Down Under. I am ex-RAAF, mostly based in Adelaide with 492Sqn. I am going to start building a Mosquito NF Mk II, from the ground up, probably 1/6 to 1/10 scale, so if anyone can help with plans or suggestions, Iwould be truly grateful. Crewchief, the F111's at RAAF Amberley are with 1 and 6 Sqn's. I was there in 92, then posted to Adelaide on the Orions. A fuel dump is an awesome sight, but as you say, you have to be there.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi again Dave. That Mossie NF II sounds an interesting project! What do you need, as I've got bits and pieces of stuff?
Plans wise, I've got some line-drawing plans for the B MkIV with sections on the FBVI (same basic construction) in 1/24th scale; if that's any use, I can get them copied and you can scale them up (!). I've also got some detail stuff on NFII equipment fit, particularly for 100 Group aircraft, sketches and photos, and of course, colour scheme drawings etc.
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back