Ground crews....

Most ingenious WWII ground crews?

• USAF, USN, USMC

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Luftwaffe

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Voenno-Vozdushnye Sily (Red Air Force)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • RAF

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • IJN, JAAF

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Reggia Aeronautica

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • RNZAF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RAAF

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Ilmavoimat (Finnish Air Force)

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey u forgot britans most important import of aircrews the RCAF(ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE)

I have voted for the luftwaffe as the term on the poll states inguenity . Sure, all the ground crews in the war worked terribly hard. The fact is self evident from all accounts of the air war in various theatres. However I once read of aluftwaffe ground crew who serviced an Me-262 jet engine from spare parts of a Mecedes Benz. Furthermore, during the last months of the war in Europe,hose ground crew guys had to go through hell. What with the ground attacks by thye Thphoons and Thunderbolts practically forced them into jungles. And they still kept those aircraft flying.
I'am not taking credit away from thr RAAF and the USAF ground crews who worked in the Pacific theatre. In fact I think they did an outstanding job, but for ingenuity, I have to give it to the Luftwaffe.

This is very tough and will remain subjective.

Kudos to the Luftwaffe and USSR for Russia wnters

Kudos to USAAF Aleutian Ground crews for extreme wind/rain and cold maintaining 'everything'

Kudos to ANZAC, RAF, USAAF and Luftwaffe for maintaining their ships in the desert

Kudos to the USAAF ground crews for solving amd making field changes to all aircraft that the designers hadn't quite 'fixed' before shipping

Kudos to RAF and USAAF crews working round the clock night after night to get their beasts up for another Maximum Effort in that bloody English goo and foul weather November through March (my Texas born father, when asked about English weather exagerated somewhat - "It has two seasons, Winter and the 4th of July)

Kudos to Luftwaffe crews for surviving strafing attacks, moving from one location to another and setting up again - only to move again.

Kudos to the Pacific crews of all nations and services for the 1941-1943 conditions and primitive facilities like Guadalcanal.

Someone is going to have to lay out some serious boundary conditions to select one.

Having said this -Just for dealing with a complete range of conditions, from Artic to Desert to Jungles to Sea to Hurricanes, Blizzards, Ice and Sandstorms - and bringing Southern Engineering with them - I'll be a 'homer' and go US.

Regards,

Bill

As I believe I stated in my other posts I dont really think I can vote for anyone. They all did great jobs keeping there aircraft in the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back