Groundhog Thread v. 2.0 - The most important battle of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Medvedya said:
One idea is to cut and paste what you write into word, spell check it, and post it back into the text box - I've seen some weird and wonderful spellings of words like; 'squadron' 'necessary' and even 'important'!

I hope I don't sound like an old woman, but really, if you've got an important point to make, you really ought to try and keep an eye on the spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

Nobody is going to be giving you marks out of ten or covering your posts with red biro - it's just for your own credibility.

My mum does that, I think its a wee bit sad. ;)

However, the site does now have a new Spellcheck feature which you can use :D

On the issue of spelling....

I try to spell correctly, but I also tend to write long posts. I type very fast (nearly as fast as many people speak), but sometimes I make spelling errors. In a forum like this one, I don't worry about it too much, as long as it does not detract from the content.

The new spell checker feature is nice, but problamatic if there is a lot of quoted text.

=S=

Lunatic

RG_Lunatic said:
On the issue of spelling....

I try to spell correctly, but I also tend to write long posts. I type very fast (nearly as fast as many people speak), but sometimes I make spelling errors. In a forum like this one, I don't worry about it too much, as long as it does not detract from the content.

The new spell checker feature is nice, but problamatic if there is a lot of quoted text.

=S=

Lunatic

I'm a quadriplegic and type with 1 finger - not a big deal but I find myself several words ahead of what I'm typing. Oh Well!

I type with about 3 fingers - My left index and my right index and middle. When pressing the enter key, I use my right ring finger, and I use my right little finger for pressing the shift key.

Why did I just say that? :lol:

cheddar cheese said:
I type with about 3 fingers - My left index and my right index and middle. When pressing the enter key, I use my right ring finger, and I use my right little finger for pressing the shift key.

Welcome to the club - try hitting the shift key with the same hand your typing with. It helps keep the replies reasonable. :D

My mum taught me to touch type when I was a kid. It stopped me from driving her mad on rainy days! :lol:

Where I've been is graduate school. But now that school is closed down I have a bit more time to waste online. Also, there are a few more discussions worth responding to.

wmaxt said:
cheddar cheese said:

Welcome to the club - try hitting the shift key with the same hand your typing with. It helps keep the replies reasonable. :D

Yep thats just what I do - hence occasionally I end up with 2 capital letters at the beginning of words ;)

Hahah. We all know you sensed I was about come back... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back