Grumman TBF/ TBM landing gear

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HVCarpentry

Recruit
Aug 10, 2019
I'm looking for engineering or blueprints for the Grumman TBF/TBM Avenger torpedo bomber. I've started down the road of building Charlie Kellogg's 1/5.75 scale TBM and don't necessarily want to pay for Sierra retracts when I have the ability to fabricate my own. Ive spent the last few months trying to find any info I can on the landing gear but out of the endless photos and books I've referenced, none give any detailed measurements. Does anyone have any engineering blueprints or reference material they would be willing to share or know where it can be found?

I'm looking for engineering or blueprints for the Grumman TBF/TBM Avenger torpedo bomber. I've started down the road of building Charlie Kellogg's 1/5.75 scale TBM and don't necessarily want to pay for Sierra retracts when I have the ability to fabricate my own. Ive spent the last few months trying to find any info I can on the landing gear but out of the endless photos and books I've referenced, none give any detailed measurements. Does anyone have any engineering blueprints or reference material they would be willing to share or know where it can be found?

If you are in the Phoenix AZ area, stop by our museum and you can photograph, measure and study the landing gear on the TBM that we have on display. The museum is the Commemorative Air Force Air Base Arizona Museum at Falcon Field, Mesa. See our website for details.
Jake

Where are you located? We have a spare set of gear for our TBM in the hangar at Culpeper, Virginia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back