Hello everyone,
Here is a relic from an H.P. Halifax. Based on the remaining paint—specifically Dark Earth and black—where on the aircraft might this part have been located? Given the colors, I'm thinking either the upper wing surfaces or the fuselage sides, somewhere between the Dark Earth and black sections. The photo with blue circles highlights traces of black paint. What could this rusty part be? It looks like a scoop, or perhaps an access recess?
The provenance of the H.P. Halifax is 100% certain. I should note that no markings or stamps are visible.
If you have any information, I would appreciate it.
Thanks, and have a great day.
Laurent.
Here is a relic from an H.P. Halifax. Based on the remaining paint—specifically Dark Earth and black—where on the aircraft might this part have been located? Given the colors, I'm thinking either the upper wing surfaces or the fuselage sides, somewhere between the Dark Earth and black sections. The photo with blue circles highlights traces of black paint. What could this rusty part be? It looks like a scoop, or perhaps an access recess?
The provenance of the H.P. Halifax is 100% certain. I should note that no markings or stamps are visible.
If you have any information, I would appreciate it.
Thanks, and have a great day.
Laurent.