Halinski: AVG P40E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

to be honest, if been battling last night with the air intake of the p40, where you have to fold the 3 pieces to accomodate the 3 sections, i attached a pic from net just to show you

p40 intake.jpg

This is a standad of Halinski's models.Wait for other parts assembling.Patience,patience and once more patience.:)
Did you assemble that?

ok....here further development on my first try with paper models.

:lol: must state that I absolutely love the way these kits assemble, like building the real thing, not assembling to halves to each other like plastic ones:lol:
this the latest. started to use the scalpel now, but more practice is required :) luckily I scanned the kit to make sure I don't destroy the original.

I tried the "cockpit skin" last night, but the alignment was a little out, so i had to rip it off again :( you can see the remains where I ripped it of the body :)

I decided to do the whole skeleton before skinning to make sure the alignment stays the same.

You'll probably start to recognize the shape of the P40.

please any suggestions please feel free, as you can see my cutting skills still sucks, but I'm a firm believer in trying :)

P1270755.JPG

P1270756.JPG

P1270757.JPG

P1270758.JPG

Hallo Eddie,
The metal ruler will come in handy for sure.The progress in the model is visible. But could you tell me what kind of a glue you use?

Hi,
I still have to make a main landing gears,the propeller and gunsight,also exchaust pipes and some small details.I hope I do them soon.

Hi Eddie,
The Superglue is cyanoacrylate one I hope.If yes you can use it for small details fixing or if you want to make a paper hardened.For gluing on card sheets all elements of a model frame you can use the white paper/wood one but it is very important to put all glued elements between two flat glasses or on a flat surface ond press it with something heavy and then let it dry.I use a glue called "Butapren" which gives an elastic and water proof joint.It is a very good glue which is used by cobblers.

After ripping the skins off about 3 times, I deceided to complete the model, just to get the feel of a complete paper model, so plaese dont laugh at this out of shape P40 :) ...after all its only a scan of the real thing

P1270798.JPG

P1270793.JPG

P1270799.JPG

P1270804.JPG

Hallo Eddie,

Why would we have been laughing at your work?.Even if it is a scan only you try to do something what it isn't easy to do.I admire your effords to make the model.Especially if it is your first paper model isn't it.But you make still the same mistakes I had already noticed before.One of the general rules of modelling says " try three times, once glue ".Do you understand my friend?
Besides I've told you that all edges of all parts should be painted with an ink in a proper colour.You have to do it before gluing.This painting makes a model looking better.Because these edges become almost unvisible.
Keep working on.Waiting for next pics.:D

Tx for the tips. Bought touch up paint the past week end(havent forgot the tip:) ) also realised that i must paint the edges before glueing. To be honest I just want to start over again, but I must comlplete this one to get the feel, or I'll make the same mistakes again:) I must note that is not as easy as a plastic kit, but I will also never build plastic again.

Received the Halinski Panther ovr the weekend, over 3000 parts!!!!!
These papermodel's detail are really astonishing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back