Hamilton Standard Propeller ID Please

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Skyboy

Recruit
Nov 2, 2023
Could someone please assist me in identifying a Hamilton Standard Propeller blade with ID 6915A-7 ?Im assuming its late WW2?
Many thanks

As memory serves, the Hamilton Standard DWG no. 6915A-7 was used for the NA T-28 Trojan or the Grumman S-2 series. It is a post-war prop blade IMHO.

A couple of pics would be helpful as well.

As memory serves, the Hamilton Standard DWG no. 6915A-7 was used for the NA T-28 Trojan or the Grumman S-2 series. It is a post-war prop blade IMHO.

A couple of pics would be helpful as well.
Thank you Wurger , thats a pretty impressive memory you have there! .Is there any official site the you can guide me to for confirmation. See attached photos of a DC3 C47 as size reference and

Attachments

• IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    853.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
IIRC there has been a such prop blade to ID here on the forum. So I have the blade DWG in my notes written down.The -7 in the DWG number means that the blade is seven inches shorther than the basic design for the blade. So the prop seems to be the 43D50 for the R-1820 engine. The prop assembled with these blades would be 132" diameter then.

PS. you may try to register to the Propeller id. The guys there may be helpful.

The prop of T-28 on left and of the S-2 on right.

6915A-7.jpg

the source: the net.

The T28 used the 43D50 propeller with the standard 50 shaft splines. The S-2/Tracker used the 43D51 propeller, which had different splines for the shaft, as the R-1820 were from a different use previously, I was told the S-2 engine were originally intended for use in tanks, so a different spline with finer teeth similar to the larger 60 spline teeth.

IIRC there has been a such prop blade to ID here on the forum. So I have the blade DWG in my notes written down.The -7 in the DWG number means that the blade is seven inches shorther than the basic design for the blade. So the prop seems to be the 43D50 for the R-1820 engine. The prop assembled with these blades would be 132" diameter then.

PS. you may try to register to the Propeller id. The guys there may be helpful.

The prop of T-28 on left and of the S-2 on right.

View attachment 745435
the source: the net.
Wow Wurger that's incredibly helpful and makes sense for it to be a T28 Trojan as we have a few in South Africa but highly unlikely to be S2 Tracker (which also has a de-ice boot).Many thanks for your input and assistance.

The T28 used the 43D50 propeller with the standard 50 shaft splines. The S-2/Tracker used the 43D51 propeller, which had different splines for the shaft, as the R-1820 were from a different use previously, I was told the S-2 engine were originally intended for use in tanks, so a different spline with finer teeth similar to the larger 60 spline teeth.
Thank you for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back