"Hello" re a crash relic from a BOB 109

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hamishunger

Airman
Oct 2, 2022
Good afternoon, this is my first post on this site, so I'd like to kick off with a "hello" to everyone. I am particularly interested in collecting home front memorabilia/militaria and one significant area of interest to me is the Battle of Britain, the night blitzes and the v-weapons. I am on a limited budget (I'm married) so I can't afford any really nice purchases, I have therefore taken up a side-line hobby - I buy crash relics and find out as much as I can about the human elements involved. That's not to say I'm not interested in the nuts and bolts, which brings me onto the point of this post. I've got a box of bits and pieces from various aircraft, but I would like to know a bit about these two components (as per the attachments). The piece that I find most interesting is the brass object, it has got a mounting plate and evidence of four bolt holes suggesting that it was cockpit mounted? Could someone recommend a publication with a detailed look at a 109's cockpit? There is a lever on this mounting, a mechanic friend suggested that it is some sort of cut off switch and by pushing it up, it activates some kind of plunger. I have been browsing some of the threads on part recognition and you people collectively seem to know your stuff. I would appreciate any feedback you could give me on these to items. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4838.jpeg
    IMG_4838.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
    IMG_4839.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4840.jpeg
    IMG_4840.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4842.jpeg
    IMG_4842.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4847.jpeg
    IMG_4847.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4848.jpeg
    IMG_4848.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 32
Good afternoon, this is my first post on this site, so I'd like to kick off with a "hello" to everyone. I am particularly interested in collecting home front memorabilia/militaria and one significant area of interest to me is the Battle of Britain, the night blitzes and the v-weapons. I am on a limited budget (I'm married) so I can't afford any really nice purchases, I have therefore taken up a side-line hobby - I buy crash relics and find out as much as I can about the human elements involved. That's not to say I'm not interested in the nuts and bolts, which brings me onto the point of this post. I've got a box of bits and pieces from various aircraft, but I would like to know a bit about these two components (as per the attachments). The piece that I find most interesting is the brass object, it has got a mounting plate and evidence of four bolt holes suggesting that it was cockpit mounted? Could someone recommend a publication with a detailed look at a 109's cockpit? There is a lever on this mounting, a mechanic friend suggested that it is some sort of cut off switch and by pushing it up, it activates some kind of plunger. I have been browsing some of the threads on part recognition and you people collectively seem to know your stuff. I would appreciate any feedback you could give me on these to items. Cheers
Hello, I believe the first part is Luftwaffe, from the oxygen system, I have a Bf 109 parts manual, I will see if I can find it!

Many thanks Christiaan for corroborating what Melvin said, now I can narrow my search down to oxygen demand regulators. Do you or anyone else know where the oxygen regulator would be found in the cockpit? Also, are you a German speaker Christiaan? I should like to know some of the terminology, words that I might come across if I were to look at German manuals. Thank you

Google "Bf109 cockpit pictures" and it should be clearly visible on the right wall. On the Bf109E the regulator was inside what looked like a waste basket on the right floor of the cockpit. On the F and later models the basket was dispensed with and the regulator was wall-mounted. The one shown in the pic above is from one of these later installation. Note that this unit was not unique to the 109.

hello all, here is a picture of an injector holder similar to pictures 4847 and 4848 of an old diesel engine and if you give the reference under the brand BOSCH I could try to find on which engine it was mounted if we can still read them
good day to you

Attachments

• Capture injecteur.JPG
    Capture injecteur.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back