Help/assistance needed for future website on aircraft gun sights

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

airmanual

Airman
Aug 17, 2011
Good day all,

collecting mostly US and British aircraft gunsights has been my main focus (along with original flight, E&M and parts manuals) for quite a few years now (60+ in the collection and adding more whenever possible) and i have to come to the concusion that :

- collecting just for yourself with your collection nicely displayed in your office is boring if not shared with others;
- besides for German GS, available info on the web is almost non-existant. If "googled", almost everything you find is not info but people asking for info.

Conclusion : i've decided to create a website dedicated to the subject. At the beginning, it will be "limited" to US British WWII to early fifties period and will include :

- logically, as many detailed photos of gunsights.
- lists of gunsights and detailed list of type of aircrafts fitted
- period photos of fighter/bomber photos where gunsight type can be clearly and easily identifiable
- gunsight technical manuals
- pages of aircraft technical manuals (preferably parts manuals as Flight E&M manuals were often not detailed enough to identify exactly what type of GS
was fitted) giving info on GS type.

But, to be able to do this, i need your assistance and help ! I will of course put there everything i have in my collection but i have "fortunaly" many many necessary info missing.

So, if you have and want to share :

- any gunsight you could send me photos of;
- any good quality period aircraft cockpit or gunsight photos;
- any useful technical info;

please get in touch with me. Of course, anything would be fully credited once the website will be online.

I hope to hear from many of you.

Thanks in advance,

Laurent

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back