Help Id hamilton standar propellor blade

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

norway71

Recruit
May 24, 2024
Hi i have a propellor blade from Hamilton Standard I am trying to Id. length of the blade is 176 cm about 70 inches. sadly I don't have the history since the owner before me is past away. I have no idea where he got it from but I guess its found here in Norway
IMG_8430.png
1716624090495.jpeg
Bilde 25.05.2024 klokken 10.14.jpeg
Bilde 25.05.2024 klokken 10.16.jpeg
IMG_8437.jpeg

shank number is first stamped 56155 but as you see its also a 8 there with different font over the 6
DWG 6358A 12
MFG 302057
NT 4541

The SHANK 56155 is the drawing number for E shank ( CHG E ) used with the, Hamilton Standard Hydromatic type blade. The DWG 6358A 12 is the drawing number of the prop blade. The MFG no. is the manyfacturer number. HSP is the alloy type marking. However, the DWG number seems to be read out wrongly. It looks like the 6353A 12 rather. The kind of the prop blade was used for the 12ft & 1inch prop for the Catalina I and II ( OA-10 ), Baltimore I/II/III ( RA-30, A-30A, A-30B, A-30C ) and LB 30A ( RAF Liberator II ).

Hi Wurger
and yes it is wrong number I have written there :) found it at once when I had the correct number. now its next level and trying to find what airplane it was on :/
we didn't have so many off them I Norway so I will try :)

Hi Wurger
and yes it is wrong number I have written there :) found it at once when I had the correct number. now its next level and trying to find what airplane it was on :/
we didn't have so many off them I Norway so I will try :)

I see. I guess it could be a prop blade from the Norwegian Consolidated Catalina of no. 333 (N) Squadron.

Norwegian_Consolidated_Catalina_named_Vingtor.jpg

Norwegian_Consolidated_Catalina_named_.jpg

Norwegian_Consolidated_Catalina.jpg

the pic source: the net.

I see you also mentioned the liberator RAF. Not sure if they were here in Norway. Have to check out that also :)

The Liberator doesn't seem to be used by the Norwegian AF. The most likely aircraft seems to be the Catalina. See my post above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back