help needed with this wheel M 109?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mich

Recruit
Feb 17, 2012
hi I am new to this site.
I have this wheel,mayby a tailwheel,can anyone help me id this wheel ?
Regards mich
BILD1806.JPG

First thought are FW190, although the Bf109 tail wheel was similar, with perhaps a smaller diameter tyre. Do you have any dimensions?
Here's a pic of a FW190 tail wheel, recovered in the White Carpathians, Czech Republic.

Attachments

• Czech 327.jpg
    Czech 327.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 254
Diametre of the wheel and diametre and width of the entire assembly would be helpful. Also any marks or stamps on the wheel or tyre.
Good spot Airframes,you may be onto something there.
Steve

hi,
first photo show it is about 15-16 cm,and the next show the wide that also is around 15-16cm.
would there be any number stamped into the wheel ? ,I see a plate but cant read what it says
BILD1808.JPG
BILD1809.JPG
BILD1807.JPG

Hi every one !

I just checked in my Bf109G erzateiliste ( where all Bf109 components are repertoried ).
According to this book, the size of the tire don't correspond to a Messerschmitt ( rear wheel given for 350x135 mm )so it might be from a Fw.

I am putting a technical drawing from the erzateiliste on the tail wheel.
On this drawing it effectively looks like yours Mich, but maybe it was standardised with different tires size due to weight differences between Fw and Me (I am only supposing need to check with my Fw bible at home ).

BF109 wheel.png

Last supposition as this tail wheel was recovered in Austria ( right ? ) so it could be dated from the end of the war, why can't we suppose this was canibalised from an aircraft to go on an other ? ( just asking ) could happend in those days no ? ( like Bf109G10 monted with wrong engine cover coming from an other variant ; G10 with db605"AS" engine)

Sorry guys I came up with more questions than a proper answer :S but I hope I helped a little....

Okay I somehow find out the origin of this tire on an other forum I am member of.
seems that it came from a Ju87.
I was right in my deduction for a heavier aircraft than Bf109 ( thanks for my ego :) )

that is what I found :

Junkers Ju88 (188/388 ) - 200x560
Heinkel He111H/P - 180x500
Messerschmitt Bf110D-G - 165x465
Junkers Ju87A - 110x290
Junkers Ju87B - 135x350
Junkers Ju87D/G - 150x380
Messerschmitt Bf109B-D - 85x260
Messerschmitt Bf109E-G-1 - 110x290
Messerschmitt Bf109 some G-2 G-3 on - 135x350
Focke-Wulf Fw190V1 2 - 105x220
Focke-Wulf Fw190 V3 on - 150x380
Siebel Si204 - 150x380
Junkers Ju52 - 180x500

Last edited by a moderator:
Super fine for all that work you have put into this for helping me :D
I have now found this number on a plate on the wheel :gerate nr 8-2203m-
can this help ?
also I saw in your fine list that the Ju and the FW had the same size of tailwheel
regards mich

The only way to get through this is to compare ersatzteilliste of Fw and Ju ( to compare if any PN is matching with the dataplate you found ) but you are right mich.
Sorry.

I have a few question on this that can also help to find out.
As Luftwaffe retreated in Danemark by the end of the war, it could be interesting to know where do you found it ( if you don't purchased it on the web ) to compare with unit localisations.

regards :)

hi,
yes they are found here in Denmark,but at the moment will I not say where they were found.
But later I tell you it. :D
but you help me a lot wiht these wheels.
many thanks
regards mich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back