Help with Piece of Japanese Zero Brought back from war

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VDetommaso

Recruit
1
0
Jun 2, 2026
Hello, I have this piece of Japanese aircraft fabric that I am curious if anyone knows what it came off of or photos of the insignia on the plane. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5028.jpeg
    IMG_5028.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5029.jpeg
    IMG_5029.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 41
I expect that fabric comes off a rudder given that it has sign writing on it, and that sort of sign writing is often the unit insignia.

Someone here will no doubt know what unit that insignia belongs to.

Some dimensions would help as that would quickly reduce the number of aircraft it came off. It appears small like the logo was cut into multiple parts.

Bear in mind that EVERY Japanese aircraft souvenir came off a Zero, regardless of what aircraft it really came off.
 
Hello, VDetommaso,
This may be from an aircraft of the 23rd​ Independent Chutai. On the aircraft, it would be applied across the fin and rudder, orientated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. I have seen Kawasaki Ki-61s marked like this from Okinawa.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back