Hobbyzone....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
hobbyzoneworkstation_1.jpg

Are they the only ones out there? 🤨🤔

That thing wouldn't last a day in my house before all the brushes were lost or ruined, every bottle of paint opened and spilled, or put back with the cap slightly ajar, at least two drawers broken, missing or permanently glued shut. And then I'd get home from work.

That thing wouldn't last a day in my house before all the brushes were lost or ruined, every bottle of paint opened and spilled, or put back with the cap slightly ajar, at least two drawers broken, missing or permanently glued shut. And then I'd get home from work.
You have daughters.

It looks pretty but it's totally impractical. The paint "terrace" is one example...it's just asking for the person to turn around in a hurry and, with a sweep of the arm, accidentally knock them all flying. I'll also guarantee that as soon as you set it up and start using it, you'll find that it cramps your workspace, the drawers are just the wrong size for the things you want to put in them, and you've forgotten in which draw you put the left-handed sprocket wrench (other tools are available...and sold separately), so you spend hours repeatedly opening and closing all the drawers looking for it. In frustration, you start slamming drawers...which then break.

Man, I'm in a grumpy mood today!!! :)

It looks pretty but it's totally impractical. The paint "terrace" is one example...it's just asking for the person to turn around in a hurry and, with a sweep of the arm, accidentally knock them all flying. I'll also guarantee that as soon as you set it up and start using it, you'll find that it cramps your workspace, the drawers are just the wrong size for the things you want to put in them, and you've forgotten in which draw you put the left-handed sprocket wrench (other tools are available...and sold separately), so you spend hours repeatedly opening and closing all the drawers looking for it. In frustration, you start slamming drawers...which then break.

Man, I'm in a grumpy mood today!!! :)
Yeah, I want one too.

I've got two stands of similar make for my Vallejo bottles which are tall and thin so are prone to tip over. I've built a wall rack for my Tamiya & Gunze bottles and am in the process of building another to hold 78 bottles. The odd number is due to how many shelves I could get out of an 8' x 1.5" x .5" board. I also have an old medicine cabinet for other paint and supplies. I have an old computer desk for a work bench that has cubby holes and shelves for plastic stock and tools

Last edited:
Wives & daughters have lots of useful things for modelers, such as those sanding stick. However my last daughter, while still living at home, often threw out stuff which could be repurposed. Here is some kind of a powered nail buffer which uses one battery (or cell). After attaching a bit of sandpaper, it becomes a motorised sander with low speed.
IMG_6147 copy.jpg
IMG_6148 copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back