Homebuilt Mk IX Full Scale Spitfire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder how fast it is? He says that you can get to 300 MPH before you know it. I'm not sure I would even want to try to get to absolute top speed.

I think the gray and green camo looks so much better than the BoB dark earth and green. But I think the brown and tan desert camo is very attractive as well.

The grey and green is fine, but on this example, the tones and pattern are slightly "off" - not that it's a problem, I would still love one !!!

Bob Deford has been flying this aircraft for many years now and it has proven to be a solid and reliable airplane. He is a regular participant at the Planes of Fame airshow and the Spitfire has no problem blending right in with the "real" warbirds. Seems I have read somewhere that performance is as good or better than that of the early mark Spitfires in most respects. I am fortunate to share a state with Mr. Deford and have seen the Spit many times. It is a stunning achievement in my estimation.

Attachments

• SPITFIRE 1.jpg
    SPITFIRE 1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 36
  • SPITFIRE 2.jpg
    SPITFIRE 2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 35
  • SPITFIRE.jpg
    SPITFIRE.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 39
Did you notice that the Left radiator is split just like the real Mk IX, for the oil cooler and the supercharger intercooler, even though this one has no intercooler?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back