How AI Slop is Killing World War II History

Yet if you want an image of a P47 having work done on the engine, its quicker to find one.
In many cases it's also still better to write code by hand as reviewing is not as good as writing the code yourself, as not being versed in the code makes that your review takes quite a bit more time than earlier. This as you have to comprehend what the model did. Also, the models have been trained on public code and with the amount of below-average codebases on GitHub, especially for languages as JavaScript and Python, AI has the tendency to implement quite a bit of technical debt and over complicating things.

It's a bit like the autocorrect on your phone while swiping. It makes you write faster, but usually you have to do quite a bit of fixing afterwards as the autocorrect always wants to write silly words. And quite often, you miss things, leaving some silly words in your message.
 
...

It's a bit like the autocorrect on your phone while swiping. It makes you write faster, but usually you have to do quite a bit of fixing afterwards as the autocorrect always wants to write silly words. And quite often, you miss things, leaving some silly words in your message.
Like the Battle of Latte of Gulf?
 
Americano Strait?
 
I was referencing an example from GrauGeist GrauGeist s forever war with spellcheck.
 
In many cases it's also still better to write code by hand as reviewing is not as good as writing the code yourself, as not being versed in the code makes that your review takes quite a bit more time than earlier. This as you have to comprehend what the model did. Also, the models have been trained on public code and with the amount of below-average codebases on GitHub, especially for languages as JavaScript and Python, AI has the tendency to implement quite a bit of technical debt and over complicating things.

It's a bit like the autocorrect on your phone while swiping. It makes you write faster, but usually you have to do quite a bit of fixing afterwards as the autocorrect always wants to write silly words. And quite often, you miss things, leaving some silly words in your message.
That description is what I keep hearing reiterated. At least from those whom can actually write code.
AI can get you about 80% there but you have to bring the 20%. This has been my, albeit limited, experience. I can write code but I would not call myself a coder.
 
It does do some very realistic "painting" of completely fictional pretty girls.

View attachment 888957View attachment 888958
These are the ones in the in site advertising will to date men of 60+.

I am gutted. I thought one these lovelies would be coming on a date with me to the IWM!
 
This is depressing.
I don't know nearly as much about the airplanes and some of you, thus in those photos above I couldn't tell what was wrong with every photo, only some of them.

I find AI useful to critique my writing. Sometimes I will reorganize a paragraph or change a sentence or word.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back