How high could...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A start would be something like Hale's Introduction to Aircraft Performance, Selection and Design.
That does look like a good book. Price is steep even if used, so I'll have to save for it.
Of course, any method of analysis requires information about the engine's performance vs Mach number
This might sound simplistic, but is there any generalized rules of thumb for the effect of ram compression on thrust, altitude on thrust and so on?
and altitude and the aircraft's polars and the parasitic loads on the engine.
Parasitic loads on the engine? Is that at all like parasitic drag (drag is drag that doesn't come out of lift)

This might sound simplistic, but is there any generalized rules of thumb for the effect of ram compression on thrust, altitude on thrust and so on?

Try Jack Mattingly's website and look for ON/OFF. I think that he's got some downloadable tools that may help.

Parasitic loads on the engine? Is that at all like parasitic drag (drag is drag that doesn't come out of lift)

Generators, air bleed for pressurization and anti-ice, hydraulic pumps, etc. Early B-52s probably had the worse system, in that they used bleed air to drive turbogenerators.

Try Jack Mattingly's website and look for ON/OFF.
I found the site.
I think that he's got some downloadable tools that may help.
No, I was just thinking if there was some generalized math formula -- you know the kind I can write down, that generalize ram compression on thrust, and thrust on altitude?
Generators, air bleed for pressurization and anti-ice, hydraulic pumps, etc.
Ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back