How Many 4 Seat Twins Are There?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
And how many use two Rotax engines?

From AVWEB:

Tecnam's P2006T MkII four-seat twin. With retractable landing gear, the P2006T MkII is considered an ideal trainer for multi-engine ratings, as well as an affordable personal aircraft for owners with missions involving flight over water or inhospitable terrain. Powered by a pair of Rotax 912SX piston engines, the P2006T MkII features Garmin avionics with two large landscape displays—and an S-Tec 55x two-axis autopilot. Tecnam sees Canada as an ideal market for its light twin, as well as single-engine models.

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 08-08-06 Tecnam Names Canadian Sales And Service Dealer - AVweb.png

DA42 Twin Star:

OH-DAC_Tour_de_Sky_Oulu_20140810_02.jpg

Piper PA-44 Seminole:

Piper-pa-44.jpg

Beechcraft Model 76 Duchess:

N60244_1978_Beech_76_Duchess.jpg

Gulfstream American GA-7 Cougar:

GulfstreamAmericanGA-7Cougar03.jpg

Seminole is 5 to 6 seats based on version.

It seems that, like the Seminole, the P2006T mainly is designed for the multiengine training role.

Aeronca built a twin engined version of the Champ that was designed as a low cost multiengine trainer. What an absurd looking airplane that is.

Do you still have to "Burp" the oil system before starting the latest versions of the Rotax 912? Just curious as it is not a big deal, just a different preflight procedure than I was used to on any other opposed engine.

Back around 1992 I was told that the follow-on to the RV-4 was going to use a concept similar to one that North American Aviation came up with in WWII and had also been used in a special version of the Ercoupe. I don't guess it ever happened, though.

XP-82-2.jpg
TwinErcoupeDouble-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back