Hey everyone, I know I'm late to the chat, but I've got a picture of a real life Stuka siren that may help with our questions.
View attachment 552327 View attachment 552328Please note that these are NOT my pictures, the photography is from a video from the "Fight to Fly Photography" Youtube channel. There's a museum in Washington state that is doing a Stuka restoration. The museum is called "Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum". They have a Youtube channel as well; I suggest looking into it for more information on the Stuka's build. Anyway, as you can see from my images above, it appears that the propeller has open slots on the side of it, which I'm assuming played a key role in causing the siren sound. As the plane dove, wind would drive the propellers, and while this was happening, the siren system would sound inside of the propellers. The sirens were obviously driven by the wind powered propellers. What I don't know is what exactly happened inside of the propellers that caused the Jericho trumpets to sound. The previous post that mentioned the different ports of an air raid siren is a pretty possible scenario as to how the Stuka sirens worked. Anyway, I hoped this helped, and I hope someone replies, because this is an incredibly fascinating subject that shouldn't be abandoned.