I have a few upper wing panels from a pile of Hawker Hurricane parts.
They came as leftovers from a Hurricane restoration and from the paint and part numbers they are a mix of at least 5 airframes.
One has the silver paint on the inside and a number written on it of 1644. It is the lower surface of the top right panel.
I know that L1644 was a Hurricane RAF serial - but I assume this is a construction number rather than a serial number.
I am guessing this was from a Gloster built aircraft as most are CCF or Gloster part numbers. CCF usually have yellow primer and this one doesnt.
I cannot see a list of Gloster construction numbers - just the contract.
Anyone got any suggestions ?
They came as leftovers from a Hurricane restoration and from the paint and part numbers they are a mix of at least 5 airframes.
One has the silver paint on the inside and a number written on it of 1644. It is the lower surface of the top right panel.
I know that L1644 was a Hurricane RAF serial - but I assume this is a construction number rather than a serial number.
I am guessing this was from a Gloster built aircraft as most are CCF or Gloster part numbers. CCF usually have yellow primer and this one doesnt.
I cannot see a list of Gloster construction numbers - just the contract.
Anyone got any suggestions ?