Hypothetical, A-1 Skyraider in WW2 (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Parking explosive ordnance outside of designed areas (magazines generally had air conditioning, the rest of the ship did not) can also lead to immolation, alighting, detonation and destruction. Magazines also had provisions for fast (very fast) flooding.
I think I need to start labeling my posts as "attempt at humor", "trying to pass information", or otherwise clarify that it shouldn't be taken as 100% serious. Honestly, I'm just a guy with a huge interest in WW2 that extends to the equipment described in the stories dear to my heart. Yes, I know about the dangers of storing munitions, even temporarily (ie Japanese carriers at Midway) but too often I fail to realize that it is hard to convey a sense of humor however poor it might be via something as impersonal as an Internet forum ..

I think I need to start labeling my posts as "attempt at humor", "trying to pass information", or otherwise clarify that it shouldn't be taken as 100% serious. Honestly, I'm just a guy with a huge interest in WW2 that extends to the equipment described in the stories dear to my heart. Yes, I know about the dangers of storing munitions, even temporarily (ie Japanese carriers at Midway) but too often I fail to realize that it is hard to convey a sense of humor however poor it might be via something as impersonal as an Internet forum ..
I know what you mean .... many times (probably too many...) I have written something in a chat room that was (i) brilliant (ii) witty (ii) insightful .... but apparently only in MY head... sigh. It IS exceedingly difficult to convey intent in a short blurb :)
BTW: your avatar is outstanding!

I tend to use this
;)
as an indication of humor/sarcasm after certain statements.
Or pick another emoji
You (or I ) may forget on occasion but it might cut down on miss-communications of intent.

I know what you mean .... many times (probably too many...) I have written something in a chat room that was (i) brilliant (ii) witty (ii) insightful .... but apparently only in MY head... sigh. It IS exceedingly difficult to convey intent in a short blurb :)
BTW: your avatar is outstanding!
My avatar (Eddie the Iron Maiden mascot in pilot's gear) betrays my heavy metal teens, 😂 Iron Maiden, Aces High…a song that roughly tells the story of the Battle of Britain from a pilot's pov…..that song with Winston Churchill's "We shall never surrender" speech as in intro inspired many a dogfight in my daydreams

Last edited:
My avatar (Eddie the Iron Maiden mascot in pilot's gear) betrays my heavy metal teens, 😂 Iron Maiden, Aces High…a song that roughly tells the story of the Battle of Britain from a pilot's pov…..that song with Winston Churchill's "We shall never surrender" speech as in intro inspired many a dogfight in my daydreams

Well, I'm in my Heavy Metal 50's ... lol! Am a big Maiden fan these days - how can you not love a band who's lead singer is qualified to fly a 747? Who wrote an 18-minute track about the crash of R101? Or the Charge of the Light Brigade? I saw a Discovery Channel documentary a few years back about 'The Top-10 Tanks'.... there' a clip of a T34 splashing around a muddy field in the UK. It stops by the interviewer, the driver climbs out.. I think 'That guy looks JUST like Bruce Dickinson'.... the interviewer says, "So, Bruce.....". I mean, the guy has a T34, and can talk intelligently about it....

My first garage band covered "Run to the Hills" ... a later band which actually gigged, we had "The Trooper" in our setlist. Loves me some Maiden, almost as much as Priest.
Well, my 'well-played' comment was appropriate, then! I played bass/keyboards in a band that played a lot of Rush ... including the entire first side of moving Pictures. I was busy.......

Well, my 'well-played' comment was appropriate, then! I played bass/keyboards in a band that played a lot of Rush ... including the entire first side of moving Pictures. I was busy.......

Hell yeah, big Rushhead here too -- Lifeson is my biggest guitar influence. So you're the Ged here?

I can play "La Villa Strangiato" almost note-for-note, but "YYZ" on that first side of MP ... goddamn, I gotta woodshed some more. I mean, a lot more.

Well, I'm in my Heavy Metal 50's ... lol! Am a big Maiden fan these days - how can you not love a band who's lead singer is qualified to fly a 747? Who wrote an 18-minute track about the crash of R101? Or the Charge of the Light Brigade? I saw a Discovery Channel documentary a few years back about 'The Top-10 Tanks'.... there' a clip of a T34 splashing around a muddy field in the UK. It stops by the interviewer, the driver climbs out.. I think 'That guy looks JUST like Bruce Dickinson'.... the interviewer says, "So, Bruce.....". I mean, the guy has a T34, and can talk intelligently about it....
Don't forget his fencing..
Or The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Flight of Icarus…. The guy is truly an old school scholar, educated in a bit of everything. Add him to the list of "guys I'd have a beer (pint) with"

Don't forget his fencing..
Or The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Flight of Icarus…. The guy is truly an old school scholar, educated in a bit of everything. Add him to the list of "guys I'd have a beer (pint) with"
Yep - a true Renaissance Man .... published author.... he owns an aviation training company...... and owner of a truly impressive voice. All-round Cool Dude!

Well if talking Whatif, why not make it a RAF aircraft in Green & Grey scheme?

f816f19f379f95f308e17f6b781d6c55.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back