I need help/sources for the 2 cm M-Gesch. X m. Zerl!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ThatZenoGuy

Airman
Feb 1, 2019
This elusive round is something I am interested in, and I need anything and everything about it!

Mostly I need some sort of source of evidence that it was indeed used in combat!

This site has a PDF but you'll need a translator...VETERAN ARMY CZ
1549001851484.png

Do you mean specifically the time-fused version? Or the Minengeschoss shell in general?

Both were listed in German documents detailing what ammunition proportions to use for different types of missions. (mit Zerl. for air to air, ohne Zerl. for air to ground).

Do you mean specifically the time-fused version? Or the Minengeschoss shell in general?

Both were listed in German documents detailing what ammunition proportions to use for different types of missions. (mit Zerl. for air to air, ohne Zerl. for air to ground).

I am talking about the "XM" "MX" or otherwise "X" mineshell. The enlarged one with 25 grams of HA41 filling.

All I can find at the moment is:

the sheet for the shell in a 1945 Luftwaffe ordnance catalog has "Ausgabe 9.43" at the bottom

and 'German Development of Ammunition for Aircraft Cannon' by Flieger Oberstabsingenieur Dr. Herman Franz (written 22 Nov 1945) has a quick mention when discussing the requirement for destroying enemy aircraft with a minimum of strikes;

"As a result of all considerations the following were adopted for use against fighter or bomber:-
for 2 cm. guns
2 cm. M and MX shell.
2 cm. Brandgranate 44"​

All I can find at the moment is:

the sheet for the shell in a 1945 Luftwaffe ordnance catalog has "Ausgabe 9.43" at the bottom

and 'German Development of Ammunition for Aircraft Cannon' by Flieger Oberstabsingenieur Dr. Herman Franz (written 22 Nov 1945) has a quick mention when discussing the requirement for destroying enemy aircraft with a minimum of strikes;

"As a result of all considerations the following were adopted for use against fighter or bomber:-
for 2 cm. guns
2 cm. M and MX shell.
2 cm. Brandgranate 44"​
Yes! Yes!

This is what I need!

But can I get a PDF? A picture? Something physical, more or less! ;D

If not made later the ammo was not used. Germans had lots of weapons proposed that stayed on the drawing board. That's why i would search for the gun manual of a later date.

If not made later the ammo was not used. Germans had lots of weapons proposed that stayed on the drawing board. That's why i would search for the gun manual of a later date.

Finding such a manual is the problem. Additionally the round is listed in some places, which prototype/nonused ammo are NOT listed.

Many sources also list a 'mine shell with 25grams of filler'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back