ID a small logo made of symbolised birds on a wrecked Bf-109

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dec 17, 2016
France
Hello, Does anyone has an idea of what this small drawing ( about 3 centimeters) of symbolised birds is supposed to represent ? This drawing is on a metalic part of a Bf-109 that crashed in the Vosges mountains, in France, in May 1944. "Possibly" an 8./JG3 aircraft. Could it be a manufactuer logo ? or a personal logo of a pilot ? A logo of a flying unit ? Kind regards

Attachments

• me109c.PNG
    me109c.PNG
    206.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hello, Does anyone has an idea of what this small drawing ( about 3 centimeters) of symbolised birds is supposed to represent ? This drawing is on a metalic part of a Bf-109 that crashed in the Vosges mountains, in France, in May 1944. "Possibly" an 8./JG3 aircraft. Could it be a manufactuer logo ? or a personal logo of a pilot ? A logo of a flying unit ? Kind regards
What year did it crash? Can just be a part of a camo scheme.

Hello,
In my opinion, this is part of the material identification. This consisted of the material specification and the manufacturer's identification and was printed on the inside of the sheets or semi-finished products. This made it possible to determine the running direction and material specification even for smaller pieces of sheet metal. This is the manufacturer's marking of ALUMINIUMWALZWERKE WUTÖSCINGEN.

AWW, Aludur.jpg

AWW, Flugzeugteil.jpg

Good catch, Truffle Pig!

I remembered seeing that logo in the past and I thought I remembered that it was a manufacturer's logo, but after looking through my notes and searching online I could not find a match.

Hi,
where in the Vosges? I'm curious to know because I live in the Vosges.
And how did you get the dates?

@+

Hello,
In my opinion, this is part of the material identification. This consisted of the material specification and the manufacturer's identification and was printed on the inside of the sheets or semi-finished products. This made it possible to determine the running direction and material specification even for smaller pieces of sheet metal. This is the manufacturer's marking of ALUMINIUMWALZWERKE WUTÖSCINGEN.

View attachment 777963

View attachment 777962
Thank you ; You must be right . If we invert my picture, we have what must be the aluminium manufacturer logo. The Upper part must be an A for Aluminium, and the lower part 2 Ws for Walz and Werk. Again, thank you. The enigma is solved. Best regards

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (5600).png
    Capture d’écran (5600).png
    60.8 KB · Views: 1
  • me109c.PNG
    me109c.PNG
    179.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back