Identification Help?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HoHun

Tech Sergeant
Oct 15, 2006
Hi everyone,

I hope it's not off-topic to post some modern aircraft here?

First one is this Ultralight which I shot at Oberschleißheim in 2003. It looks a bit like a Drifter, but has enough differences that it must be something else. It also has similarities to an AirCam (which was obviously inspired by the Drifter), but the AirCam is a twin, and I have found no evidence of a single-engine predecessor (though it would not be illogical if there had been one).

Any ideas? This aircraft seems to be a tough one! :-/

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Attachments

• PE2008A24_009_6.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 81
Hi Flyboyj,

>It Looks like a Kolb Mark III.

Hm ... thanks, good suggestion, I hadn't been aware of the Kolb designs before.

However, though it looks very much like a Kolb Mark III, the Kolbs all seem to have a single wing brace on the pictures I found. The Kolb also seem to have a fuselage structure of a denser net of thinner tubes - at least that's my impression.

So I think it's not a Mark III despite the great similarity. Problem is, I have no idea what it might be then ...

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

If we don't find out right away, at the end of April I will be at a small airport that specializes in ultra lights. One of the guys there should know.

Users who are viewing this thread