Identify This Plane?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kittyhawk

Recruit
Jun 15, 2016
image.jpeg

I have an idea, but I want to hear what you all think.

The Me410 has a longer, thinner fuselage and the canopy rises above the fuselage. Add to that, the wings and tail have a different shape.
Another consideration would be the Fw187, but the overall image shown really doesn't bear that out.

My initial thought was an He111, though there does appear to be a hint of a nose. Forward sweep of the wing doesn't really match any of the possibilities exactly.

Nothing like a He-111. The wing shape is entirely different, the fuselage is a totally different shape, as are the engines, and the fin and rudder are most certainly not a Heinkel design
It's a rough rendition, but very definitely a Bristol aircraft.

New info! The artist just verified the inspiration was indeed the Bristol Beaufighter. So, at least I don't have to wonder if it's a depiction of a German medium-range bomber on the mural outside of the Montessori!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 80
Beaufighter. All Blenheim nose datums project forward of the nacelles. The earliest Blenheim nose, though short, still projected ahead of the prop hubs.

Hello
I am the secretary of the no 46 Sqn Association and I was fascinated by your Beaufighter model. We are holding our 100th consecutive Reunion Dinner. I hope to have a model of all the aircraft flown by the Squadron on the tables. I was wondering if we could borrow your model? We will of course pay for postage. Look forward to hearing from you. My email address is [email protected]. Our web site is www.46squadron.org.
Regards
Dougie Barr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back