Im in deep trouble with my Hasegawa Messerschmitt BF 109E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Prop has been posted this morning.

come on guys your making me blush !
Bad news...received the awesome package from the U.K. this morning, the prop was broken in the mail!~!!! It's terrible. Anyone else have a Tamiya Bf-109 E3 prop and spinner with hole for the cannon extra lying in a box somewhere??? I know you meant well Karl but the resin prop just was busted beyond repair upon arrival. Unless placed in a box, it is sure to get broken coming from that far. We kept your package because my wife loves items from the U.K. But again please to all I really need a prop and cannon spinner for the Messerschmitt Bf-109 E3 ASAP. Thank you all again.

The Bf 109E never was armed with a cannon with its barrel going through the spinner. So the hole was not because of the cannon.

BTW would you be so kind and could post a picture showing the damage?

Aw crap, really sorry about that.
We really think the world of you and you went above and beyond anyone we know to help get us a sill prop, would've taken alot of tinkering to make it fit anyway. I was wrong about it being hasegawa, it's Tamiya Bf-109 E4 abd the prop and spinner with hole for cannon as the broken one is fused and cannot be removed. I'm looking but this is getting way to ridiculous to find something so simple.

The Bf 109E never was armed with a cannon with its barrel going through the spinner. So the hole was not because of the cannon.

BTW would you be so kind and could post a picture showing the damage?
Sure, gimme a minute to photo it.

Photos quickly taken with my wife's cheesy phone camera. But hopefully everyone can see my problem well enough. I'm so upset the prop broke after all you went through to get it here. We really think you're the best.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1247.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1249.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 37
Here are the parts needed to repair the kit properly or send it to the aircraft model graveyard. I'm at my wits end. Thanks to all that can/will help. Enough thanks cannot be given.

Attachments

• IMG_20210507_164432.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210507_164455.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 37
OK. THX. According to these pics all there can be repaired in an easy way. The easiest way can be, buying of new prop and spinner. You may try the link below.

Ultracast 48128 Messerschmitt Bf 109E Propeller with Standard Spinner (fits Tamiya kits)

Or if you don't feel your skills are enough to repair it , you may put all the pieces ( the prop and spinner) into a small box and a secure envelope and send it to me. I can fix it for you.

BTW what happened to the front of the engine cowling? There is a lack of a half of the front bulkhead where the prop shaft should be.

That part mysteriously disappeared and cannot find it. Was just going to make a new part which would'nt be too much of a problem but only when I can get the prop repaired. Sorry included a pic that did'nt belong but still food for thought. ; )

I see. Also that's no problem to fix the bulkhead. Anyway, either you may repair the prop yourself or purchase a new one. The alternative I can give you is the sending of all parts to me. so the choice is yours.

I see. Also that's no problem to fix the bulkhead. Anyway, either you may repair the prop yourself or purchase a new one. The alternative I can give you is the sending of all parts to me. so the choice is yours.
We are considering everything. And the site link you gave us is incredible, so we'll look into the pricing both ways. Although surely there has to be someone on this entire forum that has these simple parts that are not in use. I'm hoping someone sees this thread.

I understand you but the parts aren't in a spare box of most of modellers usually . It is because eg.. Tamiya doesn't include double parts in their kits. A a result all guys use the props and spinners because their model would be incomplete. Sometimes it may happen that one or a couple of us have the pieces but these aren't new and come from "recycling" mostly. Also it may be because a kit manufacturer includes a couple of different spinners and props that may be used optionally. But it is not the Tamiya.

Good point. Although I could work with and make a Hasegawa prop and spinner but hard to find. Model makers that scratchbuild and create sci-fi and kit bashes would. But you are right.

To be honest , the way of fixing of the kind damages is really easy. You need a thin drill bit , some of thin copper wire. And of course some of glue.

Users who are viewing this thread