Impossible Situations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I dont think the idea is all that wiered or crazy. Many countries have experimented with stuff like that and I think it wouldn't be that bad, plus I would love to try it out.

IF there was a strong wind, you could hover a Storch up to intercept em ;) (Thought quite why the RAF and USAAF would be equipped with storches as interceptors I dont know ;) )

the lancaster kicks ass said:
ppfttttt, that's not heavy damage, THIS is heavy damage, look and the holes from machine gun bullets in this beast..........

this_no_426_squadron_lancaster_was_hit_by_over_one_hundred_machine-gun_bullets_or_shell_fragments_during_a_raid_on_leipzig__october_25th__1943_205.jpg

This He-111 has taken more dmage than that.... ;)

lrg0624.jpg

interesting that nobody on that forum gives references where they pirated those copyright images.........

the B-17 that has been ripped first was shown in German author Arno Rose's book on Kommando Elbe back in the late 1960's-1970's. It is from the official US Army Air Forces Arcives

As far as I've been told it was a Fw-190 that nearly cut that B-17's tail off. (Actually it did cut it off, as it fell apart shortly after landing)

Soren said:
As far as I've been told it was a Fw-190 that nearly cut that B-17's tail off. (Actually it did cut it off, as it fell apart shortly after landing)

I've seen that picture a number of times, it was always a Me-109 mentioned. In combat like that with closing speeds up to 550 mph and the confusion - who really knows?

wmaxt

It really could have been anything. In most bomber interceptions like that there were Bf-109's and Fw-190's together and in the confusion multiple crews may have seen a Bf-109 and multiple crews may have seen Fw-190's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back