Inexpensive Airbrush review.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
Ok so I know how much an AB set can run and if your new to it and your not sure etc... I have two Paasche H single action syphon feed air brushes, two Paasche VL dual action syphon feed AB's. Last month Dale got me a Paasche Talon dual action gravity feed AB, I love it!!!!!!

I may never use a syphon feed again!!!!!!! That being said, and I did say in the beginning, IT AIN'T CHEAP! I was trolling around on Amazon and found this, Amazon product ASIN B0067BAYNO The Master G233 gravity feed airbrush!

For all practical issues it's a pretty close knock off of an Iwata HCP. And I'm not saying it is one, but it works pretty good. At a price point that I could buy four for the price of one. It comes with hose, (1/4" you'll have to get an appropriate adaptor to you compressor) 0.2, 0.3, and 0.5 needle / nozzle, (the 0.3 comes installed), a 1/4 quick disconnect, spanner for nozzles and a carrying case. The hose is separate from the AB set. Be careful opening the other nozzles as you can see from the attached photos. like the Iwata, they are extremely small and I dropped the 0.2 in the carpet on opening, it took a hour to accidentally find it.

I won't say it's my Talon and it like to operate at what seems to be a little higher PSI settings but it works pretty good. I have found it spits a bit on fist push and you'll have to work on that but comes out pretty fine.

I'm not trying to sell an AB but in these days where every penny or peso or franc and whatever else out there counts. This is a pretty good deal. If you can afford the real deal HS, Paasche and Iwata great, If you are not sure if you want to drop that much to see if it's all it's cracked up to be (oh it is), there is isa great brush to get into and try, heck you may never see the need to spend the price for the big dog's (they are better built than this is but it's still not bad). I'm just throwing it out as a reasonably priced option that will do the job nicely.

20200601_113045.jpg
20200601_113100.jpg
20200601_113157.jpg
20200601_113239.jpg
20200601_113239.jpg
20200601_113336.jpg
20200601_112636.jpg

This is what I have seen with the 0.3 needle nozzle setting
20200526_115453.jpg
20200601_113548.jpg

Attachments

• 20200601_113456.jpg
    20200601_113456.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 44
I have a high low mix. I have a $60 Iwata for acrylics. For enamels or lacquers I use a $10 siphon airbrush from Harbor Freight.

I have been the market for a newer AB then the Paasche VL I got in 1985. I saw your review and while the price was tempting, I went for a Badger Krome.
airbursh.jpg

The parts are tiny but the thinnest line I can get is about 1/8 inch. The cup holds plenty of paint (for 1/72) and it is easy to use and clean. I took the black plastic grip off since you can't lay it down and it interferes with a hanger. It doesn't improve the grip that I could tell. There are 2 things I don't like, part A doesn't have a solid stopping point in the barrel, so when clamping the needle with B, if you turn it too much, you are forcing the needle into the nozzle because A starts turning. The other thing is when the needle is out, the trigger falls out.
airbursh2.jpg

My first practice, Very easy to set a stop to get consistent paint flow. Opens up enough to get good coverage on large areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back