Info on Polish Bf-109 G late model (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chocks away!

Senior Airman
Jan 16, 2005
Cyprus
Hi. I seem to remember picking up these pics on this site, but I can't seem to find any info regarding the RAF unit involved the aircraft's use and paintscheme.

It seems to be a Bf-109 G-10 and the camo seems to be RAF standard. But I may be wrong.

Attachments

• Stramik_Messer.jpg
    Stramik_Messer.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 232
  • polish_bf_109.jpg
    polish_bf_109.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 246
As I remember I have written twice about the Bf 109 G-14/AS somewhere in the forum.

Do you by any chance have a colour illustration of the playing cards emblem?

I'm also found these, and I'm wondering if both schemes were used, if one is wrong, or if they are both hypothetical.

At least the prop cone seems not to be black, although the spiral appears in the photo, albeit faded:

Attachments

• 9_2_b1.jpg
    9_2_b1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 9_2.jpg
    9_2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 207
It seems that the Bf was painted with Ocean Grey on all surfaces and the Dark Green colour spots on upper and sides surfaces.The spinner should be red painted with a thin white ring at the end of it.So the second profile is incorrect rather and the first should be corrected.
Here you are link to the Polish site with some pic of its model.

Plastikowe.pl - redukcyjne modelarstwo plastikowe Polski Bf 109G-14/AS - 1/48

Concerning the playing cards emblem yes I have but I don't have a scanner device and I can scan this tomorrow only.

Yes, I thought it must be red by examining the photo...

So do you think it was originally black/white and it was changed to red/white in accordance to Polish national colours?

Edit: If you look closely at the photo, I think you can see a spiral still there, possibly overpainted?

Firstly I have to tell you that the G-14/AS was of 15./JG52 ( Croatian one) and was painted with a similar to the German camo pattern for Bf 109Gs used in that time,including the white spiral on the spinner.Yellow - the rudder,underside of tips of wings and front part of the nose simply LW chracteristic elements of quick ID.
Secondly,the spinner was not painted in accordance to Polish national colours but the painting was typical for fighters that had been used by Desert Air Force in Africa and then moved to Italy.Because these aircraft of DAF had spinners Dull Red painted the white thin ring was added only to mark these "trop" machines.

It is true.The description of the business was found in Jan Preihs' recollections ,the man who did the transaction.Source: ModelHobby no. 2(16)/2003

Attachments

• playing cards 318_.jpg
    playing cards 318_.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 189
Thank you Wurger!

And that's a great model.

But please have another look at the photos I posted:

Even though the spinner is red with a white stripe, a spiral is still visible.

Do you see it?

Hi,

You are absolutely right.The spiral is clearly visible.But it is difficult to say if it is an effect of Dull Red paint transparency or the German white colour had different structure ( semi-gloss for example).

Here you are a colour profil of the Bf109G14/AS where the spiral is visible as well.Source - ModelHobby magazine 2(16)/2003.

Attachments

• Bf109G14AS 318 sqn_1.jpg
    Bf109G14AS 318 sqn_1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 167

Users who are viewing this thread

Back