Information on Hans Joachim Marseille (Star of Africa)? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Also another interesting fact that I found recently: I was on a genealogy website called MyHeritage and I found some documents related to HanneLies' first husband, Cesar Renato de Bahar.
I also found that he had apparently been living in Germany for quite a while as a "Musikverlager" (since 1936) in various different places in Berlin, as listed in the phone books of the time.
Apparently he and HanneLies did get married at a registrar in Hollborn, England. I figured that they did this perhaps to circumvent the racial laws in place in the Third Reich at the time?

I also noticed that they registered her name as "Johanna A Kupper" and not HanneLies, which makes me wonder if the name "HanneLies" is perhaps a combination of 'Johanna' and another name?
I was able to find official identity cards issued by the Brazilian government to Cesar Renato de Bahar after he apparently left Europe in 1946 to return to Argentina via Switzerland.
Through additional research, I was also able to find a newspaper article in Portugese in a Brazilian newspaper that stated that Cesar de Bahar died in 1958 of an angina. It stated that he was originally of Brazilian heritage but had been given an honorary Argentinian citizenship due to his outstanding work in the music field.

1619441792831.png

1619441858965.png

1619441892191.png

1619441918509.png

Last edited:
Another picture of Hans Joachim Marseille and Hanne-Lies Kupper with another couple and their child, presumably taken during Marseille's vacation to Bad Saarow during his leave in 1942

Attachments

• picture1.PNG
    picture1.PNG
    524.7 KB · Views: 233
Hi everyone!!! Are you still searching informations regarding Hanne-Lies? Hans Rudolph Marseille (in 2004 if I remember well) was visited in his home in Nurnberg by a man who brought to him some original pictures of Jochen, taken during his visit to the boys of Hitlerjugend in summer 1942 since his step brother was the only member of Jochen's family who was still alive and in this occasion he said that Hanne-LIes died in a car accident during the 70's. I also find interesting your discovering about the death of Ingeborg, I was sure she was killed in Vienna but, according to what you discovered it seems that also Inge died in the same way of Hanne-Lies (if Hans-Rudolph spoke the truth).

Hi everyone!!! Are you still searching informations regarding Hanne-Lies? Hans Rudolph Marseille (in 2004 if I remember well) was visited in his home in Nurnberg by a man who brought to him some original pictures of Jochen, taken during his visit to the boys of Hitlerjugend in summer 1942 since his step brother was the only member of Jochen's family who was still alive and in this occasion he said that Hanne-LIes died in a car accident during the 70's. I also find interesting your discovering about the death of Ingeborg, I was sure she was killed in Vienna but, according to what you discovered it seems that also Inge died in the same way of Hanne-Lies (if Hans-Rudolph spoke the truth).
Hi,
Thank you so much for this new information! This definitely sheds more light on Hanne-Lies' life, and what became of her after her last public appearance affiliated with Hans-Joachim Marseille in 1967.
Do you know if Hans-Rudolf Marseille mentioned anything else about Hanne-Lies during that interview in 2004? If so, I would appreciate it if you could please share that also.

Regarding my research about Ingeborg Marseille's death, I did write somewhat extensively on the matter; if it's still of interest to you, I've linked the piece I wrote about it below:

Thank you again, and I look forward to reading your reply!

Hi,
Thank you so much for this new information! This definitely sheds more light on Hanne-Lies' life, and what became of her after her last public appearance affiliated with Hans-Joachim Marseille in 1967.
Do you know if Hans-Rudolf Marseille mentioned anything else about Hanne-Lies during that interview in 2004? If so, I would appreciate it if you could please share that also.

Regarding my research about Ingeborg Marseille's death, I did write somewhat extensively on the matter; if it's still of interest to you, I've linked the piece I wrote about it below:

Thank you again, and I look forward to reading your reply!

Wow, thank you very much for this link, now we can see the story from different points of view!! (and it also reminded me when I was younger and I made researches about Jochen's life and report my discoveries on a blog on tumblr entrirely dedicated to him) and unfortunately no, Hans-Rudolf didn't mention anything else about Hanne-Lies in that occasion.

All this information is amazing!! Question??

Since Hans was such a "playboy", it stands to reason that there might be a child born (in part by Hans) that is alive (or not). Is there any info on possible offspring? It would be nice to think that there might be a little Hans out there (not so little now).

BTW - today marks the 80th anniversary of Hans passing (RIP Hans)....................

Hello, I found this thread researching Hans-Joachim Marseille. I acquired a scrap book of the guy of over 30 or so pages of pictures, post cards, news paper clippings, hand written letter ect. Ive been curious of who was connected to or made this scrap book.
EF25F43E-02A7-463E-91CB-11F2C06C0BEA.jpeg
The scrap book came from a senior citizen community, left by a lady who passed away. She was 100 yrs old. I couldn't get any info about her. It was against policy. She would be a few years younger than him. It's been interesting reading your thread.
97DBB8EB-878F-4D4E-992A-7B9050107962.jpeg
26868DDC-12F0-4470-BC60-2275243F1A66.jpeg

9D4876FC-6DE0-4A5F-AE0B-6066AFC5588E.jpeg

43C6B841-DE98-4CF0-B8F6-6BC85E4183C3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back