information on Messerschmitt Me262 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ThaQuickest

Recruit
Mar 18, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and glad I joined.
I received the Messerschmitt me 262 as homework for a school exam, I need to find information regarding the metals used to build the plane, both the frame and the mechanical parts.
I would be very grateful if you could give me a hand.

The ME-262 was built using mainly steel. The Germans were short of aluminum.

The ME-262 Design Analysis I posted some time back probably has the best info available relative to what you want. Suggest you do a search for it.

The ME-262 Design Analysis I posted some time back probably has the best info available relative to what you want. Suggest you do a search for it.
Thanks, but I can't find your post, could you attach a link?

Better read the article you posted again.;)

Me-262-Air-Avwk-2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome on board....
I am still a novice on here but have already discovered that there are many knowledgeable experts very willing to help with the Me-262 to whom I am very grateful
I found this video about the Me-262 from the Munich Museum very interesting as I started to learn about the aircraft

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpmOT6l9qwY
and at about 24- 25 minutes the presenter talks about the type of aluminium used in some of the construction. it maybe useful.....

Hi ThaQuickest,

Most of the airframe was made from aluminium, German name was material number 3116.5. A lot of other parts was made from sheet metal and steel. Wood was used when posible.
1679771642949.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back