Me262 Pima (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrizBArizona

Airman
Jun 27, 2022
Was at Pima Air & Space Museum 5 days ago.

Tucked away in a hangar were these two Messerschmitts...

I had to hold the camera right up to the very dirty, tinted window to get the photos.

The Me-109 is mentioned on their website.

But I cannot find any info on the Me262 which was in the same building...

By the way, there were very few parts visible for the 262 in there (on the shelves behind). There was one more section of the building to the left of where the 262 was being restored, it might contain wings, etc, but I dont know as there were no windows.

Any idea which 262 this is

Me109F.jpg

Me262.jpg

I had to hold the camera right up to the very dirty, tinted window to get the photos.

By the way, there were very few parts visible for the 262 in there (on the shelves behind). There was one more section of the building to the left of where the 262 was being restored, it might contain wings, etc, but I dont know as there were no windows.

View attachment 675315

View attachment 675314
Here I am in Tucson and I had no idea that the Pima Air Museum had either one of these planes. I'll have to check it out.

Here I am in Tucson and I had no idea that the Pima Air Museum had either one of these planes. I'll have to check it out.
In the hangar building by the white WWII barracks building.
Can only see them by putting your face right up to the windows because they are very dirty and tinted. Hangar 6?? I cant remember.

The Bf109 is documented. I just wonder why there is zero info on the 262.

Couple or 3-4 $million in there, might be why they keep that quiet...

Last edited by a moderator:
In the hangar building by the white WWII barracks building.
Can only see them by putting your face right up to the windows because they are very dirty and tinted. Hangar 6?? I cant remember.

The Bf109 is documented. I just wonder why there is zero info on the 262.
Thanks, I'll check it out. Regards, Neil

View attachment 675315

View attachment 675314
Area 51 workshop

I am going to Rehash this Post here. I Frequent the Pima Air Museum as I am a Member and well as owner of a Website and a Youtube about Pima. I watch the Air Museum on a weekly Basis and went there yesterday. They had the Hangar open and you could see everything. When I get home today I will post Pictures of the current Restoration. If anyone has any Questions please let me know.

Last edited:
Anything you want to share will do very nicely.

Perhaps a short or long ( yes long ) bio of this one, if you have some time to spare.

This site is a witches brew of knowledge. And like me a sucker for such a plane.

Do tell.

I was there a few months ago. The person I spoke with said they were both "new builds/replicas" not associated with any real Werk Nummer.

Attachments

• 20230124_142245.jpg
    20230124_142245.jpg
    995.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230124_142304.jpg
    20230124_142304.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230124_142313.jpg
    20230124_142313.jpg
    958.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230124_142340.jpg
    20230124_142340.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Anything you want to share will do very nicely.

Perhaps a short or long ( yes long ) bio of this one, if you have some time to spare.

This site is a witches brew of knowledge. And like me a sucker for such a plane.

Do tell.
Just looking at the online info available. Seems that this is Bf 109 F-4 Wk Nr 13045. If so, it was built by WNF at Christmas 1941. Bail-out crashed in Eastern Finland Oct '42, recovered, presumably in pieces , around 1990's. Rebuild looks to incorporate several G series and F series features on the fuselage and a G upper cowling. Rebuild looks to be to a static
condition.

Cheers

Eng

Users who are viewing this thread

Back