investigation into Vulcan barrel roll !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Same for me Terry. I was doing some fixing on my comp. and thought it was lag. I do find it odd that in this day and age where everyone is carrying something to capture "video", that that is the only documentation of the event I can find. I think and hope, someone has pulled a fast one on the Beeb and others.

Geo

I would have agreed with you, but after we had an incident at an airshow, and wanted video footage - out of 35,000 people in the crowd, no-one got it on tape. So now, I'm not really surprised.

I think someone probably has.
The 'normal' display takes the aircraft 'half way' into a roll, before recovering via a dive and leveling out, as shown in my sequence below, taken at Little Gransden last year.
Depending on the angle the 'stills' (or edited video) were taken, it would be quite easy to make this look like a roll.
EDIT: Yeuk! The pics haven't posted very well - lots of 'noise' compared to my originals !

Shows the maneuver just after take off.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsWl1k4IBD4

If this maneuver was done IAW the flight manual, in approved airspace and IAW any restrictions imposed by the CAA, there's no issue. If I had a parrot the piece from printed newspapers would go on the bottom of the bird's cage.

Super video, brings back so many memories of these great bombers. Watching them buzz the Akrotiri runway before standing on their tails and shaking the whole base and any Russkie trawlers spying out in the bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back