investigation into Vulcan barrel roll ! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think the first one looks more real than the second, but it could just be the angles !
Health and safety freaks will be wringing their hands with worry :lol:

If its true, very well done Sir !

Its not a H&S concern... at least not to anyone who actually knows aviation.

As long as it wasn't done over populated areas, and there was no prohibition in the flight manual, there shouldn't be any problems. The CAA restrictions on these manoeuvres was during air displays, so as long as it was during a transit flight, again no problems.

Its not a H&S concern... at least not to anyone who actually knows aviation.

As long as it wasn't done over populated areas, and there was no prohibition in the flight manual, there shouldn't be any problems. The CAA restrictions on these manoeuvres was during air displays, so as long as it was during a transit flight, again no problems.
But you know that there will be an outcry by those that have no idea what they're talking about and then social media will pick it up and the masses will be adding their unwanted "expert" opinions based on the zero knowledge they possess...

But you know that there will be an outcry by those that have no idea what they're talking about and then social media will pick it up and the masses will be adding their unwanted "expert" opinions based on the zero knowledge they possess...

Yeah, but they won't be health and safety 'experts'.

So if it did do a barrel roll, good on'un and what's the worst the authorities could do………………ground them…………………sponsors have already done that!!!!!!!!

So if it did do a barrel roll, good on'un and what's the worst the authorities could do………………ground them…………………sponsors have already done that!!!!!!!!

Its more what they would do to the pilot. And knowing the UK bureaucratic BS, they would do everything they could just to prove a point.

I noticed that one of the reports was worded in such a way that it appeared to state that the Vulcan had it's sponsorship and support withdrawn as a result of the alleged barrel roll - something which could go some way to aid the 'do gooders' if the enquiry goes deeper. Prats !

Back when I knew a United pilot who rolled a 727 on a dead head leg. The flight crew sort of knew something occurred but weren't sure what –and weren't at all alarmed. Properly done apparently a very docile maneuver.

They looked like a sequence of 'stills' when I watched them, but not sure if that was just slow 'streaming' on my net connection. Certainly didn't look totally 'natural' though.

Same for me Terry. I was doing some fixing on my comp. and thought it was lag. I do find it odd that in this day and age where everyone is carrying something to capture "video", that that is the only documentation of the event I can find. I think and hope, someone has pulled a fast one on the Beeb and others.

Geo

I think someone probably has.
The 'normal' display takes the aircraft 'half way' into a roll, before recovering via a dive and leveling out, as shown in my sequence below, taken at Little Gransden last year.
Depending on the angle the 'stills' (or edited video) were taken, it would be quite easy to make this look like a roll.
EDIT: Yeuk! The pics haven't posted very well - lots of 'noise' compared to my originals !

Attachments

• LG 101.jpg
    LG 101.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 177
  • LG 102.jpg
    LG 102.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 168
  • LG 103.jpg
    LG 103.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 183
  • LG 104.jpg
    LG 104.jpg