Ioannis Agorastos "Johnny" Plagis

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

zaxos345

Senior Airman
Jul 20, 2009
Ilion, Attiki
Hi Guys, i intend to build the Tamiya's 1/32 new spitfire IX and specifically the spitfire IX that Ioannis Agorastos "Johnny" Plagis, a Rhodesian Greek who flew with RAF at WWII and commanded No 126 Squadron in his Spitfire IX "5J-K" ML214 which can be seen here
John Plagis
http://www.acesofww2.com/rhodesia/plag3_BIG.jpg

Well i am looking for some extra pictures of this aircaft if they are available somewhere. Thank you very much.

All the best, John

I have found these so far....

Attachments

• plagis-spit-ix.jpg
    plagis-spit-ix.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Spitfire MkIX JohnPlagis.jpg
    Spitfire MkIX JohnPlagis.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 198
Here is another profile I found.

Attachments

• Spitfire MkIX 5J_K 126 Squadron.jpg
    Spitfire MkIX 5J_K 126 Squadron.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 449
I have this aircraft in 1/48th scale waiting to be started. I have found several profiles but very few photographs of the aircraft itself, one of Plagis in the cockpit but that's it.

Does anyone know of any more?

Yep...judging by these victory markings the Spitfire with 'B' letter code might have been an earlier used machine.

Sources say he flew Spitfire V "SH-B" BL734 with No 64 Squadron in Coltishall, S. England between Sept 43 and July 44. Photos of Spits in No 64 Squadron show the "SH" code after the roundel on the port side instead of in front so I suspect that this is "SH-B"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back