IRIAFs 707 downed

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ARTESH

Chief Master Sergeant
Aug 27, 2017
Tehran, Iran
Several hours ago, a Boeing 707 belonged to IRIAF had lost in final approach at Mehr Abad Airport. According to available info, Plane was coming back from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. All crew and passengers lost.

It appears he landed at the wrong airport, and went off the runway sliding into a town outside the airport. According to initial reports 15 of 16 souls on board lost. The aircraft was operating as a cargo aircraft transporting meat. Hopefully the one survivor reported, did indead survive.

The aircraft was supposed to land at Karaj-Payam International Airport on runway 31, but instead landed at Fath Airport (military airstrip) on runway 30. They are 10 km apart. The pilot then lost control. The weather was less than ideal at the time.

Accident Boeing 707-3J9C EP-CPP, 14 Jan 2019

Of course the info is coming out of Iran, which is pretty secretive, so who knows what the actual facts are. My condolences to all who were lost.

It appears he landed at the wrong airport, and went off the runway sliding into a town outside the airport. According to initial reports 15 of 16 souls on board lost. The aircraft was operating as a cargo aircraft transporting meat. Hopefully the one survivor reported, did indead survive.

The aircraft was supposed to land at Karaj-Payam International Airport on runway 31, but instead landed at Fath Airport (military airstrip) on runway 30. They are 10 km apart. The pilot then lost control. The weather was less than ideal at the time.

Accident Boeing 707-3J9C EP-CPP, 14 Jan 2019

Of course the info is coming out of Iran, which is pretty secretive, so who knows what the actual facts are. My condolences to all who were lost.
hundreds of questions ... And when we ask , we are labeled by anything ... Why should a military airplane goes to another country ??? Why all crew members and pilots were Colonels ??? Why they were bringing meat ??? Why from Bishkek ? Why ... ? And so on ... If you want to know my opinion , it was shot down by AA. Like that F14 downed several years ago , like 2 AF commanders lost in Aircraft Accidents , like Iran Air flight 655 , like all other losses of AF . They are finishing what Khalkhali couldn't do . They are ordered to destroy Irán.

hundreds of questions ... And when we ask , we are labeled by anything ... Why should a military airplane goes to another country ??? Why all crew members and pilots were Colonels ??? Why they were bringing meat ??? Why from Bishkek ? Why ... ? And so on ... If you want to know my opinion , it was shot down by AA. Like that F14 downed several years ago , like 2 AF commanders lost in Aircraft Accidents , like Iran Air flight 655 , like all other losses of AF . They are finishing what Khalkhali couldn't do . They are ordered to destroy Irán.

I highly doubt it. There are pics and video if the aircraft. It made a landing in bad weather to the wrong airport in skidded off the runway.

Very sad to see, and sad to hear about your suspicions, Artesh. I saw images in news reports and the fire was quite extensive. Condolences to the families of those lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back