Is Spitfire really the BEST British fighter???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass said:
well look at it from the account or manufacture's point of view, to them the best aircraft is the one that best value for money or the easiest to manufacture, what i'm trying to say is that untill we lay down a fair definition of the word "best", your opinion is based entirely on your viewpoint...........

Well certainly - but who here is taking the accountant's viewpoint? I think the context of this board is pretty clear, when we say best we mean "superior in combat". Don't you?

the lancaster kicks ass said:
yes but i still feel there are allot more factors to considder.........

Sure. But for that we really need a more appropriate thread title, such as "Was the Spitfire really the most EFFECTIVE British fighter???"

The of course the Spitfire was the BEST British fighter - hell it was about the only British fighter with a long service life.

but not alongside the psit in frontline fighter duties.............

and no CC, there was no other fighter that stayed with the spit for the whole war, she was one of only a couple of aircraft to be in production from the start of the war right till the end and beyond, just out of interest what were the other few??

But the Hurc can hardly be considered a contender vs. the Spit do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back