Is Spitfire really the BEST British fighter???

but the spit was designed as an intorceptor more than a fighter.........
 
I didn't get it from here though, RG. My brother gave me it.

The Spitfire was an interceptor. Every British fighter up to the EE Lightning have all been interceptors with little range beyond British airspace.
 
plan_D said:
I didn't get it from here though, RG. My brother gave me it.

I was just pointing out that it was available here and that he could see it if he chooses.

=S=

Lunatic
 
Okay. It's an awesome video. The Ju-88 cut in half. :lol:

And those buildings! My god, talk about ammo store. BOOM!
 
plan_D said:
I didn't get it from here though, RG. My brother gave me it.

The Spitfire was an interceptor. Every British fighter up to the EE Lightning have all been interceptors with little range beyond British airspace.

That is probably because for the most part of the war until 1944 the British fighters were intercepting German aircraft attacking England. It was not till later in the war and after that they needed deep striking power.
 
Oh, screw you guys! :lol:

Well, in 18 and 14, we took a little trip
Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Missisip
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
And we met the bloody British in the town of New Orleans
We fired our guns and the British kept a comin'
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began a running
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico
 
FLYBOYJ said:
Oh, screw you guys! :lol:

Well, in 18 and 14, we took a little trip
Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Missisip
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
And we met the bloody British in the town of New Orleans
We fired our guns and the British kept a comin'
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began a running
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico
Awesome tune! :lol:
 
I'll try and not be swayed by his marvellous talent of annoying people.
 
All of the war of 1812 debate has been moved to the 1800-1914 area. Lets keep up the thread about British fighters. It was actually a good discussion that got a little sidetracked.
 
I started an 1812 thread in the...place...1800-1914...thing.

Anywho, where were we? Oh yeah...

The Tempest was the best but it was the son of the Spitfire. Lessons learnt from the Spitfire were put into the Tempest. Without the Spitfire, the Tempest would have never existed. So there...Tempest lovers..and the Spitfire was better looking.
 
That's one of the best Sig's I think I've seen 8)

Hot Space
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back