You can find specific pilot comments to assert almost any position on any plane. Unless the pilot is of particular stature, such as Gunther Rall or Galland, it's silly to keep posting chosen accounts.
Well Galland said the same.

(And Btw, Günther flew the G-6 series mostly !)
And your Russian pilot is talking about which Yak? The Yak-1 I would bet! The Yak-3 was superior in almost every catagory to the 109 below about 15,000 feet - so much so that the Luftwaffe' was ordered not to engage them below that altitude! And which 109?
That is an Urban myth, luftwaffe pilots were 'not' ordered not to engage them below 15,000 feet, if that was so then the luftwaffe pilots would have shot down absolutely nothing ! because on the Eastern front, 90% of all dogfights were below that altitude, and the Germans tended to win those Dogfights ! So that is absolute nonesense !
If the 109 was so unmaneuverable then how come in gave birth to so many German aswell as Finnish aces, who had more air-kills than any Allied pilot ?!
As for the leading edge slats on the F-86, the pilot could control whether or not the would deploy. I'm not sure how much control there was, it may just have been the ability to lock them in the in position once they rectracted. As for how much lift they added, that depends on the specific wing design,
There was a passive installation, wich would help the F-86 with its swept wing-designs flaw of low stability. I,ve heard there has been a automatic one aswell, but not sure, usually the jets could do without the extra drag.
you are trying to apply knowlege about another wing-slat application to the 109 which may or may not be valid.
No im not, I am just trying to tell that they work under the same principle ! But obviously you havent heard about the Handley-slots, and how they boosted turn performance and loops at all speeds.
I even gave you a chart on the 109's extra AoA with slats !
In general though, I know that wing slats help swept wings more than they do strait wings.
Yes because swept wings has stability problems, but thats all.
Again, I've never seen any comment by any German pilot that indicates the slats were useful for anything other than landing/takeoff and some who though they were useful for slow turning fights.
I just gave you some for christs sake !
Not one has said they were usefull for 300 mph combat.
Don't you understand how they work ?? They deploy when airflow hits the wing at certain AoA nomatter what the speed is, and also when speed is to low to prevent stall. (Didnt you see the chart ??)
They were ment to improve maneuverability, and you can go ask any F-4 Phantom pilot about that and he will tell you the same.
And that the 109 might out-roll a P-51 is almost funny - only at speeds below something like 200 mph could it do this - the P-51 simply was not made to fight that slow, so it's irrelevant.
Directly from Hanna's mouth:
Above 250 mph the roll starts to heavy up, and up to 300 or so is very similar to a P-51.
He has flown the P-51 MANY times, aswell as the 109G.
The 109G-6 wasnt the unmaneuverable plane everyone says it is !
Kyösti Karhila, Finnish fighter ace. 32 victories.
Two P-51 shootdowns with three-cannon Messerschmitt 109 G-6/R6:
"I got both in a turning battle, out-turning them. We did several times 360 degrees until he became nervous, then pulled a little too much. His plane "warned", the pilot had to give way a little and I was able to get deflection. When I got to shoot at the other one, the entire left side was ripped off.
- So you did several full circles, you must have flown near stalling speed. Did you fly with "the seat of your pants" or kept eye on the dials? What was the optimum speed in such a situation, it was level flight?
It was level flight and flying by "the seat of your pants". What should I say, I should say I was doing 250kmh and the Mustang must have more than 300kmh. That is why I was able to hang on but did not get the deflection.
- And you was flying a three cannon plane?
Yes, but I did fly another one as mine was under maintenance. It was the experience that counted. Experience helped to decide when you had tried different things.
- In which altitude did these Mustang dogfights take place?
It must have been about 2000m."
He did this in a 109G-6/R6 with Gun-pods !