is there really a difference between the spinner and the cowling dark color?

aurelien wolff

Airman 1st Class
284
187
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Hello, got back at my revell G10 erla again and I'm wondering if there's really such a color difference between the spinner of jg 300 yellow 7 and the front of the cowling because to me, there doesn't seem to be any so I could paint it black
Bf-109G-10Yellow7b.jpg

Thanks for your answers!
 
All the images of the kite available via the net are a poor quality scans of scans. So it is not possible to state the correct tone at 100%. However looking at this I would say that there is a very subtle difference. Actually it is not the difference in the tone but in color temperature. The nuance makes the appearance of the front part of the fuselage looking being painted with one of teh camo colours seen on the rear part of the fuselage. If we assume that the camo livery could consist of the RLM81 or RLM83 and RLM82, the paint there could be one of these. Personally I would be inclined towards the RLM82.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G10-Erla-3.JG300-Yellow-7-Prague-Kbely-Czechoslovakia-May-1945-01.jpg


Here I have made an experimant .. please notice I cut out a square piece of the fuselage colour and applied in over the spinner. Also I did the same with the front part of the fuselage and pasted into the fin area ( three points ) and the spinner. In all cases the tone of the colour swatches from the front of the fuselage almost blends into the background. While the same on the spinner can be noticed better becuase of the tone difference. But the choice is yours.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G10-Erla-3.JG300-Yellow-7-Prague-Kbely-Czechoslovakia-May-1945-02.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back